Why I deleted "My Story".......

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Thanks again to all who read the chapters, PM's me, or commented in the thread. It was a worthwhile endeavor and a cathartic event for me. However, I believe I may have shared too many personal details, so in the interest of my family's privacy, I requested that the threads be deleted.

Thanks to all,

Financedude

Thanks man, for sharing. Don't worry, my memory's gotten so bad lately, there's not much chance of me remembering any of your personal details...lol. Best wishes.

Thanks man, for sharing. Don't worry, my memory's gotten so bad lately, there's not much chance of me remembering any of your personal details...lol. Best wishes.
+ 1

Darn, I thought it was good so I posted it on a couple of expose sites. ;)

My favorite birthday card:
Ever notice how in every family there's usually one person who's shockingly normal?

We should get ourselves of of those.

I can't remember exactly why, but I know that I intended to wish you the very best! Dang short-term memory loss...

thanks for the original story, glad I got a chance to read it. Don't feel bad in deleting it.

Dang, everyone was saying how good it was, and I never got to read it :mad:

I am so glad that I was able to read all of them. I understand why you deleted them also. I am in the CRS club, so don't worry about me.

I also completely understand. From the movie "Conan the Barbarian"..."that what does not kill us makes us stronger". Thank you for writing what you did...I know I am not alone...

Thank you for posting your story. I know it must have been hard for you to do that, but I believe that it had to be a therapeutic act for you.

While I recall that your story was heart wrenching, I forget the details - and all I can remember was that you behaved in a loving tolerant manner despite the injustices you didn't deserve.

You are a wonderful brother to your sister, and - I feel this from the tone of your posts - a wonderful father and husband as well.

Wishing you much joy, love & peace within yourself and with your family.

C

Do you know how frustrating it is for the rest of us who didn't get to read your story, but only all the comments? It is like someone taking away the best mystery book you ever read right at the end. (Only you took it away at the beginning)

I can't cope with this...:(

I was able to read your story and am glad you shared it here. You have really chosen to make your life better than the circumstances under which you grew up. Best wishes to you and your DW and kids. I can understand why you had the story deleted. Take care.

No worries :) glad you were able to get some cleansing done....and I definitely am glad that you have become the best "YOU" despite all the setbacks :)

Glad you were able to post your experience and your feelings. Wish your troubles are as fleeting as a deleted post on the web. Good to see a healthy survivor from a dysfunctional envirenment.

Do you know how frustrating it is for the rest of us who didn't get to read your story, but only all the comments? It is like someone taking away the best mystery book you ever read right at the end. (Only you took it away at the beginning)
I can't cope with this...:(
Years ago this board's posters were able to indefinitely edit/delete their posts. It got bad enough that entire threads were eviscerated of their context/content. A couple posters actually deleted everything they'd ever posted before flouncing off.

Hence the current limit on poster editing/deletion, and on mod discretion for anything past the limit.

Google's cache is another matter entirely!

I wonder how many readers watched in fascination as FinanceDude poored his soul out onto these pages and thought, "OMG! I would never spill the beans like that! Not in this day and age of Google's cache!". But at the same time, they did not want to warn him because they wanted to get to the final chapter.

If any producers of Jerry Springer's show are around, they have enough material for several seasons.

Last edited:
I read up to part 3. How many parts were there FinanceDude?. Sorry I might have missed any others. Darn. :( Still, I understand why you wanted to delete them from cyberspace.

For those of us raised in extreme dysfunction, the thread was actually comforting in that it proved our family was not the only one with [-]completely screwed up[/-] parents who were [-]aliens from another planet[/-] incapable of having healthy relationships with their children.

I remember watching "Leave it to Beaver", "Father Knows Best", "My Three Sons", etc. and knowing the shows were fake because no one ever had a family like that. When I was about 10 years old I went to a new friend's house and the mom was in the kitchen cooking dinner, the dad was sitting at the kitchen table and they were talking about their day, their children, and just life in general. They laughed at something. They actually liked talking with each other. When the kids came in the kitchen they were acknowledged with a smile and a nod and the parents acted as though they were glad to see them. And the parents even acted as if .... and this was the eye opener.... well, they seem to like having their children around. They even included me in part of the conversation and they seemed to be interested in what I had to say. I remember being stunned that they looked me in the eye and listened to me, didn't interrupt, didn't look bored - they were really interested in me and what I had to say. It was surreal.

While this thread was cleansing to FinanceDude, it was a reminder to me there is a clear difference between family of choice and family of birth. Like FD, I cut my losses when I realized my dad was [-]always going to be an a%#hole[/-] never going to change and I didn't have to put up with his bad behavior. It came down to the fact I would not have been friends with him had we not been family because I would not put up with such [-]crap[/-] behavior from a friend, so why should I tolerate it because of some DNA?

Regrets? I have none. I look at my emotionally happy and healthy family and I know I made the right decision. I know I'm a lot happier.

I'm just glad I was able to time it right and get all five parts of FD's story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom