First generation iPod Nano recall

The site doesn't work for me, been trying for weeks now. Get the message: We're sorry, the transaction cannot be completed at this time. Please try again later or contact us.

But later doesn't work and I cannot 'contact them' as when I try to do I have to pay first to talk to Apple since I don't have a warranty. Catch 22.

Weird--it worked for me when I filled out the form online three or four weeks ago.

I think you can go into the Apple store with the nano to get help with the process.

Thank you! I don't think I got any notice on this from Apple, so I was unaware. There is at least one 1st Gen Nano in our family, and I got that successfully signed up, packaging is on its way. Sent notes out to some friends/family to check theirs.

-ERD50

Yes, thanks! I had no idea. And my old ipod qualifies. It works just fine so never had replaced it. Now I'm getting a brand new one. Yea.

You are truly the bestwifeever!

Remember to copy any files from the old iPod if you want them (mine has many versions of "Moon River" on it) as they will be history once you send the old away.

Thanks for the tip. I forgot I had this one - it was in the drawer of unused electronics. No problems with the site - it took less than a minute.

My warranty application was accepted but I haven't heard any more from Apple. How long does the process take?

....Now I'm getting a brand new one. Yea.

From what I've gathered they'll send out refurbished units not new ones.

My warranty application was accepted but I haven't heard any more from Apple. How long does the process take?

I've registered over 3 weeks ago and only received a note from Apple (after a few days) that the process has started. Some people on the Apple forums applied even earlier and are still waiting for the return material. The first wave got their replacements already.

I got an email reply the same day (within minutes, hours? I didn't note the time)

When I get the packages for shipping is unknown at this time.

-ERD50

Took about 3 weeks but I did finally receive my shipping package today.

We got the notification e-mail on 11 Nov, applied a couple days later, and got the box on 9 Dec.

Now spouse has to box up her iPod and send it in.

Just got our replacement today--it is a cool little thing. So about six weeks from start to finish to get the replacement. It will take about that long for me to get up to speed on how to use all of the features.

Just got our replacement today--it is a cool little thing. So about six weeks from start to finish to get the replacement. It will take about that long for me to get up to speed on how to use all of the features.

BWE, Did you recieve an all new ipod or a refurbished ipod that you had sent in? Still waiting to get mine after sending the old one back in the box they sent. Thanks.

BWE, Did you recieve an all new ipod or a refurbished ipod that you had sent in? Still waiting to get mine after sending the old one back in the box they sent. Thanks.

I got a brand new one, a silver 6th generation. I ran the serial number through some random website to see that it was manufactured in December 2012. It has only a 90 day warranty, however.

I read on a couple of Mac boards that perhaps refurbished 1st generations had been sent out earlier, but really no one ever posted that they received anything other than the new ones.

Also, it came in the same kind of box you sent back the old one in, just loose in there, no documentation, charging cable, earphones, nothing but the tiny little new Nano.

Fedex dropped off a 6gen replacement yesterday, 16 days after they received the old one (this includes xmas/new year).
Total time from sending request for replacement to arrival of new one: 50 days.

Just got my 6gen replacement. Did not take very long overall. Pretty cool. Brand new ipod. And its so little. Thanks again Bestwifeever!

Back
Top Bottom