• I am not an engineer but, always wanted to be one

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • I think engineers are hot

Votes: 25 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Huston55

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
There seems to be a preponderance of engineers on E-R.org. So, let's take a poll and see.

Because the poll allows multiple choices, I selected two. You know which ones! Heh heh heh...

PS. My education was in engineering, but my latest job offer came with a title of "scientist" because my work is more analytical than what most engineers do.

Last edited:
We only get one vote per person, not per certification-- right?

I understand it's just an opinion poll... we already know engineers are hot, but we accept that some people may not realize it yet.

... we already know engineers are hot...

Especially nuclear engineers, with their nuclear piles and all...

PS

I'm an engineer and I married an engineer.

... glow in the dark!

I resemble that poll - guilty as charged.

I have a degree in chemical engineering but never actually worked as an engineer.

I am confused and not sure how to vote.

I have an engineering degree but after only 5 years working as engineer, I got a lobotomy and moved into marketing.

To make even it more complicated I am retired :)
I am sorry the number of hot engineers I've met over the years can be counted on fingers and toes.

Last edited:
W2R I thought you worked as scientist? I am pretty sure that is close enough to engineering to count.

W2R I thought you worked as scientist? I am pretty sure that is close enough to engineering to count.

Yes, and much of my work did involve signal processing, fluid dynamics, modeling, and such. I never had the title of Engineer, though.

I voted that I am an engineer anyway. :) To me, being an engineer (or maybe just being an Aggie engineer) means a way of thinking and approaching a problem.

Last edited:
I am not an engineer but my dad was an engineer and both of my brothers are engineers. I have always considered myself lucky to not share the family affliction.

W2R is [-]almost[/-] an Aggie engineer? Shocking! I'm at UT EE grad myself.

Last edited:
W2R is [-]almost [/-]an Aggie engineer? Shocking! I'm at UT EE grad myself.

FIFY My sympathies!

Edited to add: Thanks for seeing the error of your ways and editing your post, after I FIFY. :D You're welcome. Ah, Ags vs UT, once again.

Last edited:
I am sorry the number of hot engineers I've met over the years can be counted on fingers and toes.
Of course nerds think of themselves as "cool" (is it the same thing as "hot", like the OP says it?).

When I was in school, somehow there were very few girls those years. In one class, there was this cute girl, and as I always sat at the rear of the class, I spent more time watching her than the prof! Yes, she was hot!

Not an engineer, though I thought about it when I was a sophomore in Univ. Engineering paid better, but I just wasn't as interested as I was in the pure science I was studying.

But, I have a great - absolutely true engineer joke - I say "true" because I was there when it happened. I say "joke" - well I'll let you decide. In HS, I had a friend (Earl) who's only ambition in life was to become a carpenter. His guidance councillor insisted that Earl take college algebra and he happened to be in my class. After half a semester, Earl's average test score percentage was barely in double digits as he had not applied himself to such a useless (to him) course of study. One day, the teacher, perhaps in disgust, asked Earl "What do you want to do with your life?" Earl answered in an absolutely serious way "I want to be an Engineer." The teacher (and most of the students) were stunned - almost to silence since they knew of Earl's test scores. Finally, the teacher said "What kind?" Again, in a serious tone, Earl answered "Choo choo." The teacher was NOT amused - but the rest of us were.:LOL:

By the way, Earl DID become a carpenter and though he w*rked for a building contractor as his c*reer, he made furniture as a hobby - he was a master at it. Just thought you would want to know. YMMV

I'm not an engineer but I did have it in my job title for two years.

Ah, Ags vs UT, once again.
For the record this is the first time here at the forum that Aggies are mentioned and I'm not going to make an Aggie joke.

I almost voted that I always wanted to be an engineer but then I realized that I did much better as a BS Artist. If I had the discipline to be an engineer I wouldn't have made it as a manager. ;)

Back
Top Bottom