My oops moment...

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
What's your oops moment?

My oops moment of the day...helping a niece with her computer and needed to download sofware which takes 2 hours to download. Okay..so I do the download and install..only to realize I downloaded the wrong language -- German instead of English. Oops! Now I gotta try again :blush:.

My oops moments are a'plenty....

For instance, when I work out, I go after it like I'm in my 20's. Afterwards, oops....owie....I'm in my 50's. :facepalm:

The other day, I left a voice mail msg for my lawn guy and gave him my old WORK phone number instead of my home number. I've been retired for 6 years. The lawn guy's phone prefix was the same as my old work number prefix and I think my brain had a spasm when it saw that prefix.:facepalm:

The other day, I left a voice mail msg for my lawn guy and gave him my old WORK phone number instead of my home number. I've been retired for 6 years. The lawn guy's phone prefix was the same as my old work number prefix and I think my brain had a spasm when it saw that prefix.:facepalm:

That's funny.

I think I've pretty much tried to block out old work numbers from my memory.

When I was still working I had a two pairs of nice loafers, one pair of black and one pair of brown. I usually dressed without turning on the bedroom or closet lights so I wouldn't wake DW. I walked into work that morning, well you guessed it, wearing one black loafer and one brown. OOPS

Since this was a small town without many stores I raced over to WM and purchased a new pair of matching loafers. From that point on I turned on the closet light while dressing for work.

When I was working, for about six months I was commuting to the UK from the east coast. Typically, I would fly out Sunday night and arrive in the UK early Monday morning (~6 am) and then shower and change at Heathrow and then go in to work. Since I traveled on Sunday night, I dressed casually for comfort (jeans, sneakers, nice shirt).

As I was getting dressed for work one week I realized that I had forgot to pack my wingtips. All I had for shoes were the sneakers that I wore on the flight. Also, the shoe stores would not open until mid morning and I was due at work earlier than that.

So I ended up going to the client's offices in a suit, tie and sneakers! (and feeling like a bit of a fool).

Luckily they were good sports, we all had a good chuckle about it and then later in the morning I went out and bought a pair of shoes. Definitely the most expensive pair of shoes I have ever owned, but nice shoes nonetheless.

Waiting for someone at the airport, felt something odd at the bottom of my jeans leg. Looked down to see a bonus pair of underpants fall to the floor. Oops.

So I ended up going to the client's offices in a suit, tie and sneakers! (and feeling like a bit of a fool).

Luckily they were good sports, we all had a good chuckle about it and then later in the morning I went out and bought a pair of shoes. Definitely the most expensive pair of shoes I have ever owned, but nice shoes nonetheless.

At least they were not brown shoes. Unforgivable sin to wear brown shoes to a business appointment.

Waiting for someone at the airport, felt something odd at the bottom of my jeans leg. Looked down to see a bonus pair of underpants fall to the floor. Oops.

That's funny.

One time while w*rking, we had a clean up day so everyone came in wearing blue jeans/t-shirts to tidy up the office.

My effort carried over until the next day as there were lots of cleaning to do. So day 2, I dressed the same way, jeans/t-shirts. When, everyone else was dressed nicely, tie, suits. Reason for the clean up was one of the district bosses was visiting.

I felt a bit awkward, but what the heck, no one told me the cleaning was for the district boss' visit. The district boss was cool when he saw me. Didn't mention my underdressed appearance.

A couple of times since I retired I have had a brain f@$t and answered the phone at home with my old workplace name. LOL

When I was still working I had a two pairs of nice loafers, one pair of black and one pair of brown. I usually dressed without turning on the bedroom or closet lights so I wouldn't wake DW. I walked into work that morning, well you guessed it, wearing one black loafer and one brown. OOPS

See.. that was your first mistake..... All my work shoes are black!

I often ride a motorcycle to work so I also only wear black dockers (to cover any dirt splatter).... It makes it very east to get dressed in the morning, pair of pants and the first shirt on the right....

Back
Top Bottom