Where is this?

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
For most of the first 20 years of my adult life, my plan was to retire in the town where this is and work as volunteer where this exact site is. I have great memories of this place and the plan was ironclad!

About 10 years ago, people (and economics & politics to a lesser extent) changed and our interest waned. A few years before retiring neither of us wanted to move there at all. Hard to believe how life changes, but life goes on...

Attachments

• BrillScottsWharf.jpg
    BrillScottsWharf.jpg
    503.9 KB · Views: 79
Nope...

About 5 years ago we took a long weekend holiday near Mystic and rented a house on Mason's Island nearby. In the midst of multi-million dollar waterfront homes we had gotten a bargain on a Sears kit house that hadn't been updated since it was built. Was very pretty and neat, but none of the floors were level and the house appeared not to have any heat.

About 5 years ago we took a long weekend holiday near Mystic and rented a house on Mason's Island nearby. In the midst of multi-million dollar waterfront homes we had gotten a bargain on a Sears kit house that hadn't been updated since it was built. Was very pretty and neat, but none of the floors were level and the house appeared not to have any heat.
Small world. A guy I used to sail with regularly has his primary home on Mason's Island, been there many times.

Midpack said:
Wow, you're good! Scott's Wharf, Mystic Seaport Museum, Mystic CT.

Your prize is in the mail. :cool:

I read that Mystic Pizza (on which the movie was loosely based) is in hot water for taxes. Might be an opportunity for an intrepid entrepreneur ;-)

I took a bus trip with my step-father to New England and we stopped at the Mystic Seaport Museum for couple of hours.

Probably a good thing since you now need forum members to tell you where it is. Growing old really sucks, eh? :)
Stay tuned for the sequel thread in a few years (or less). :eek:

Where am I? with no picture! :crazy:

Stay tuned for the sequel thread in a few years (or less). :eek:

Where am I? with no picture! :crazy:

In a few years there will be an app for figuring out where you are.

No matter where you go, there you are.

One of my favorite apps is Find My Friends.
You can give another person permission to see your location via this app.

DW and I use it a lot. If one of us wants to know where the other is, we can just fire up the app instead of bothering the other person with a phone call or text.

You can also use it to give temporary permission to others, which is handy if a group of friends are going to the same place, say for an event or simply a get-together. No need for "I wonder if Jack is going to make it?" You can open the app and see if Jack is on his way.

In a few years there will be an app for figuring out where you are.

People have been figuring out where they were for the last 500 years or so - just not as easily or as accurately as they do today.

It was more fun before the gps days - you'd be surprised what you can see at night with a surveying instrument.

For most of the first 20 years of my adult life, my plan was to retire in the town where this is and work as volunteer where this exact site is. I have great memories of this place and the plan was ironclad!

About 10 years ago, people (and economics & politics to a lesser extent) changed and our interest waned. A few years before retiring neither of us wanted to move there at all. Hard to believe how life changes, but life goes on...
Have you considered volunteering for the Nature Conservancy?
Non Profit Volunteer | Green Living | The Nature Conservancy

We have spent there some days twice during summer road trips. Just loved it. The museum is amazing.
Living there might be different, though.

Back when I was in the Navy, the young wife and I lived in Mystic, directly accross the river from the Seaport. It is really a great place and I could easly see moving back after retirement.

That sounds like science fiction. But if someone can come up with an app to tell me where I'm going - and why - then I'll be all over it!
I want the app that reminds me why I came into the room in the first place...

A picture of a print that hangs in my dining room. :D
My late husband and I hauled sail on that ship in 1984. We sang sea songs with a group of visitors and the guide. We were on our honeymoon, enroute to Cape Cod.

Nice memory trigger. TY :flowers:

Attachments

• mysticseaportprint.jpg
    mysticseaportprint.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Ooops...I did not see the rest of the posts.

I do believe that could be the masts of the Joseph P. Conrad in the background.

That's correct. If you know MSM, the pic is from the Brilliant dock, I sailed/raced on her for over 10 years, great memories..

Attachments

• BrilliantSail.jpg
    BrilliantSail.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom