Forum REALLY Slow in Firefox

why1942

Dryer sheet wannabe
Hi. I love this forum but I'm really having trouble using it in Firefox. Often, when I go to a page - any page - on the forum it loads very, very slowly and is extremely difficult to navigate. No other website acts like this. I tried it in K-Meleon (another browser) and the site works perfectly, very speedy. Just wondering if there is a setting I need to change on fire fox to get it working. why1942

I use Firefox (on Mac OSX 10.7) with no noticeable speed issues. However I have noticed a lot of database errors popping up lately when navigating around the site, which I don't recall ever seeing before. Maybe something is up with the site?

FF has had some updates released recently and you might want to check to see that your plugins are updated as well. You could also try deleting your cache and trying again.

Javascript has quirks that slow sites, you might try toggling it off in your browser to see if there's any difference.

No problems with Safari on the IPad. Everything is still quick.

Thanks

FF has had some updates released recently and you might want to check to see that your plugins are updated as well. You could also try deleting your cache and trying again.

Hi Janet.

Thanks for the quick response (and from everyone else). I did the updates on FF and it is working much better now. Not as quick as K-meleon but such is life. KM has problems of its own which is why I don't use it all the time. Guess there's no perfect solution out there.

Thanks again.

why1942

It is probably related to all the ads you see here. Use an adblocker and watch this place zing.

Wow

It is probably related to all the ads you see here. Use an adblocker and watch this place zing.

Holy Batman, Robin! It absolutely was the adverts on the page. Now it rockets through even really long pages. It loads completely in seconds instead of minutes.

Thank you so much LOL!

why1942

Do you need an ad blocker? I thought if you register they don't appear or is it just a Firefox adblocker that is saving my bacon?

Back
Top Bottom