Social networking for your bucket list... and afterward

Nords

Moderator Emeritus
I don't know whether to put this in "Young Dreamers", "Health", or "Travel". But let's start here.
Social Networking For Your Bucket List - Businessweek
A deals site for those with an overdeveloped sense of mortality? Possibly, but the team behind a new social network, My-bucketlist.net, which launches on March 30, say their goal is to connect people to check off shared goals together—while offering group discounts.
[...]
The idea stemmed from the pair’s frustration with daily deal sites, which spam subscribers with offers that don’t interest them. ... The company sells ads and collects a commission on sales generated by the site.
In beta, My-bucketlist has signed up about 1,000 users, most of them 30 and younger. Jorgensen expects they will be the site’s main user demographic because they grew up using Facebook and Twitter. “They’re not people who have a high preoccupation with dying,” he concedes. “They’re people who have their life ahead of them, and they are making their list of things they want to do.”
The Salt Lake City-based company launched Remembered.com in September 2010 as a place for users to create online memorials for $10 to $20. Freefuneralnotice.com allows people to send out announcements via e-mail or Facebook. Also in development are My Final Message, which sends pre-recorded video messages to friends and family in the event of one’s passing, and Account Vault, which designates a recipient for a dead user’s IDs and passwords.
I'd invest in these websites, but I have to admit that I'm a little concerned about their "exit strategy"...

Back
Top Bottom