Vwinx

ducky911

Recycles dryer sheets
It is days like this that I am glad for my good friend wellesley. Bit heavy into it at 40%.

Dow down 1%....vwinx up .04%

OK, but a broadly diversified portfolio has more than double the year-to-date return of VWINX. So what if one can see that bond funds were up 0.5% today and that US stock funds were down 1.2% today and foreign stock funds were down 0.5% today? It's all about the portfolio and not the fund.

I do understand that some folks need a balanced fund to hide volatility and make them sleep better at night, but isn't that a behavioral finance thing?

OK, but a broadly diversified portfolio has more than double the year-to-date return of VWINX. So what if one can see that bond funds were up 0.5% today and that US stock funds were down 1.2% today and foreign stock funds were down 0.5% today? It's all about the portfolio and not the fund.

I do understand that some folks need a balanced fund to hide volatility and make them sleep better at night, but isn't that a behavioral finance thing?

Year to date ..i see your right but last 12 months vwinx up 10.7%...not bad anyway i am happy with it.:dance:

Back
Top Bottom