Taking an indefinite break from the board

SecondCor521

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Hi all,

I'm taking an indefinite break from the board.

Not that I think I'm so important to this board that anyone would miss me, but there are many here whom I consider friends who might wonder about me not posting for a while; a PM to those folks would inevitably leave out someone.

I'm not dead. I may return at some point. I will probably log in over the next few days to read any comments on this thread. I will not be explaining the reasons for my break except to say that there are multiple reasons, none of which have anything to do with my health, my FI(RE) plans, or any of the regular posters here.

Best wishes to all of you.

:flowers::greetings10:

2Cor521

Thank you for your considerate post....and I am relieved you are not taking a break due to health issues.

I worry about people that just seem to drop off...especially the ones I consider a personal friend.

You know how to contact me if you ever feel the need.....:flowers:

FWIW I will be away the entire month of June... most of that time Alaska ferry hopping.

2ndCor, thanks so much for the notice and best wishes during your break from the forum. I can see how circumstances could force someone to take a sabatical. Hope to see you on the flip side. Good lucki.

Thanks for being so considerate. I also wonder about people who drop off. I have never met anyone here, but do consider a lot of posters as friends. I will be gone most of the month of June also, but will pop in from time to time. Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Sure we'll miss you. Stop in every once in a while, and I hope you'll come back when you can.

I do hope this is just a sabbatical rather than complete retirement from this board. You have been contributing more than your fair share for a long time; so, you absence will do doubt be felt. Thankfully, this absence is not due to health or financial circumstance.

I am one of many who take much more from this board/community than I give; but, I do truly appreciate those like you who do take the time to share and help here.

We'll miss you, SecondCor521. Hope you enjoy life, continue your progress towards ER, and do whatever you need to get done on your sabbatical.

We'll look forward to your return when the time is right for you. :)

Best of luck wherever your journey takes you...

I reguarly take breaks and I don't think I'm the only one. Sometimes it's because I'm busy with other things and sometimes I'm just tire of reading the same old posts but from new people. Eventually, I stumble back and stay until my next break.

Thanks for letting us know, SecondCor521. Even though I don't post, I do visit every day...it's my favorite social media site. Hope you are doing well.

yet another one bites the dust. Possibly run off due to way overzealous moderators.

I have noticed that the quantity and the quality of posts has diminished and that many long term posters have dis-appeared.

What will all the moderators do when nobody posts anymore ? Oh sure their "job" will be easier but what's the point of it all.

I have noticed that the quantity and the quality of posts has diminished and that many long term posters have dis-appeared.
And yet the membership continues to grow and new records continue to be set for the number of users online. Guess the measure of 'quantity' and 'quality' is subjective?

yet another one bites the dust. Possibly run off due to way overzealous moderators.

Or, possiby whisked off by a superhero to the Planet Krypton... :rolleyes:

Hi all,

I'm taking an indefinite break from the board.

Not that I think I'm so important to this board that anyone would miss me, but there are many here whom I consider friends who might wonder about me not posting for a while; a PM to those folks would inevitably leave out someone.

I'm not dead. I may return at some point. I will probably log in over the next few days to read any comments on this thread. I will not be explaining the reasons for my break except to say that there are multiple reasons, none of which have anything to do with my health, my FI(RE) plans, or any of the regular posters here.

Best wishes to all of you.

:flowers::greetings10:

2Cor521

Last edited:
And yet the membership continues to grow and new records continue to be set for the number of users online. Guess the measure of 'quantity' and 'quality' is subjective?

Spoken by a man with 25,000+ posts.........:LOL::LOL::greetings10:

I suppose in your mind everything is just fine.

I suppose in your mind everything is just fine.

pokenest.gif

Back
Top Bottom