Reese Witherspoon Bigamy Case Serves as Cautionary Tale

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
If she were not famous this probably would not make any kind of splash, but bigamy has such a scandalous ring to it...
¦
One of Reese Witherspoon’s more famous roles was as the perky young attorney in Legally Blonde. Late last week, she accompanied her parents to court in a much more somber setting. It’s one that may relate to more of your clients than you realize.

Reese Witherspoon’s father, Dr. John Draper Witherspoon, was recently married. At least, that’s what a newspaper in Nashville, Tenn. announced. You can read the big announcement and see the happy couple’s wedding photo here.

There’s just one problem.

Reese’s 70-year old father, John, was never divorced from Reese’s mother, Mary. While they’ve been living apart for the last 16 years, they still are married. Mary says she still loves her husband of 42 years, but they had to separate because of John’s alcoholism, overspending, infidelity and hoarding.

In fact, Mary is very worried for John. She recently sued his new “wife,” Tricianne Taylor (whose legal name is Patricia Taylor), in order to annul the marriage, due to bigamy. Reese’s mother also asked the court to order Taylor to vacate the condo where she and John live (and which is owned by Reese), and to return any property she has received from the family.
Reese Witherspoon Bigamy Case Serves as Cautionary Tale for Advisors, Clients - Financial Planning

At first I was inclined to make a snarky comment about alcoholism, overspending, infidelity and hoarding.

But then the article took a nasty hard turn into dementia, conservatorship, and predators.

Back
Top Bottom