Powerful Photos

Many sad themes, but powerful to be sure, thanks.

AP just ran a feature story on a powerful photo that I think belongs on that list. I am too young to know this for sure, but I believe the 1972 photo had a significant effect on American attitudes toward the Vietnam war. I know it had an effect on me as a 12-year-old.

The story tells the story of the girl's unlikely survival and her adult life.

AP 'napalm girl' photo from Vietnam War turns 40 - Houston Chronicle

AP just ran a feature story on a powerful photo that I think belongs on that list. I am too young to know this for sure, but I believe the 1972 photo had a significant effect on American attitudes toward the Vietnam war. I know it had an effect on me as a 12-year-old.

I thought that one was conspicuous in it's absence too when I looked at the pics. I assumed it would be included.

FWIW, on a tablet you can't view your link without downloading their app that I could see.

Me too - - I was just talking to F. about that photo yesterday, before reading this thread at all! It is one I'll never forget and I thought it belonged on that list as well.

Last edited:
I would add this one as well.

Destitute pea pickers in California. Mother of seven children. Age thirty-two. Nipomo, California

Absolutely - - that's another photo that has so much significance.

This.

Attachments

• 9-11.jpg
    9-11.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom