Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community

Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community (http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/)
-   Other topics (http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/)
-   -   Who Doesn't Love a Good Classified Mission? (http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/who-doesnt-love-a-good-classified-mission-61819.html)

mickeyd 06-17-2012 06:55 PM

Who Doesn't Love a Good Classified Mission?

I read an article on this a few weeks ago and the today this story pops up! I love it. Man I sure hope that some government blabbermouth does not spill the beans about what this thing is all about.

I'm prepared to stay in the dark on this one...:dance:

Quote:

The mysterious unmanned mini-space shuttle on a classified mission has finally returned to earth.
It landed early Saturday morning at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California after weather conditions kept pushing back landing attempts the last few days.
The Air Force's X-37B, is an unmanned reusable spacecraft built by Boeing that has spent more than a year on a classified mission in space.
Mystery Mini Space Shuttle X-37B Lands in California - Yahoo! News

JOHNNIE36 06-17-2012 07:05 PM

I just saw a TV story today, maybe Discovery or something like that, about this unmanned shuttle. Also, half the show was devoted to the unmanned drones which is the thing of the future. I say we won't have pilots in fighter jets within 20 years, maybe sooner. That show was so informative and I'm wondering why we are so "blabbermouth" about all these inventions and secrets? I'm wondering, is unmanned drone an oxymoron?

Edited to add note about drones. No airport runways required. That would save a lot of money.

REWahoo 06-17-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickeyd (Post 1204490)
I read an article on this a few weeks ago and the today this story pops up! I love it. Man I sure hope that some government blabbermouth does not spill the beans about what this thing is all about.

Looks like you're too late:

X-37B's Secret Mission: Keeping Up with the Kardashians

mickeyd 06-19-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REWahoo (Post 1204496)
Looks like you're too late:

X-37B's Secret Mission: Keeping Up with the Kardashians

If that's link REW, I could not get it to work.

MichaelB 06-19-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickeyd (Post 1205024)
If that's link REW, I could not get it to work.

It's classified :laugh:

REWahoo 06-19-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelB (Post 1205027)
It's classified :laugh:

+1

If you were able to click on it the govt would have to place you into protective custody for a very long time...

Bestwifeever 06-19-2012 03:26 PM

Even worse, if you were able to click on it the government would place you with a Kardashian (and it would just seem like a very long time).

Nodak 06-20-2012 10:00 AM

The X-37B mission is the only thing in the last 5 years that got me thinking about my old job with the USAF. It would be interesting to have some sort of idea what that mission was.

Nords 06-20-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nodak (Post 1205259)
It would be interesting to have some sort of idea what that mission was.

In general, whenever you had a need to know, you didn't want to know...

REWahoo 06-20-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nords (Post 1205264)
In general, whenever you had a need to know, you didn't want to know...

+1