Your Daily Inspiration - A Proper Flashmob!

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
A friend just brought this to my attention, it's incredible IMO. Imagine if you stumbled on this purely by chance, just magical!!! My reaction would have been like the guy at 4:09.

The louder the better, so turn your speakers up...
Som Sabadell flashmob - YouTube

Last edited:
I love the Ode to Joy. It would definitely have been great to stumble upon this.

Well, that certainly brought tears to my eyes. Thank you!

Me too, I'll admit it. The joy and surprise in the faces in the crowd was palpable.

Last edited:
I'm surprised it wasn't even better received here, but my title probably wasn't well chosen for this audience. I've watched it at least a dozen times already...

I'm surprised it wasn't even better received here, but my title probably wasn't well chosen for this audience. I've watched it at least a dozen times already...

314 views isn't too bad.

I think the video is great and would love to have been there, or at any of the flash mob performances that go on in public places.

In May we were eating dinner at the Cask and Schooner in Friday Harbor on San Juan Island when 4 guys at a dinner table close by us starting singing. They were brilliant and after the applause at the end they got up to leave and announced that they were attending the barber shop quartet singing contest the following evening in the town.

That's the closest we've been to an unexpected public music performance.

It's certainly a nicely made video, Midpack, but of course we're not all inspired by the same thing. DH would love it; I unfortunately am missing the music gene. I first heard this song when I was in a wedding back in the dark ages where it was used for the bride's entrance. I'll forward the link to her--she'll love it!

It's certainly a nicely made video, Midpack, but of course we're not all inspired by the same thing. DH would love it; I unfortunately am missing the music gene. I first heard this song when I was in a wedding back in the dark ages where it was used for the bride's entrance. I'll forward the link to her--she'll love it!
I am simply surprised, not implying disappointed. Even in the audience the reactions range from indifference (some undoubtedly just kept walking) to wonder, I'd be among the latter group. I've heard Ode to Joy many times, it's the unlikely setting and (assumed) spontaneity that is so appealing to me...

I just watched it again, and enjoyed it again. Thanks! :)

Last edited:
I thought it was well done. It was actually a promotion by the bank you can see in the video to celebrate its anniversary. I kept thinking that with almost 25% unemployment in Spain, it's good to give people something to smile about.

DH sent me the link to this a few weeks ago. I really would love to be in a choral flashmob sometime - I saw one of a group doing the Hallelujah Chorus in a food court that looked like awesome fun.

Thanks Midpack, my mom(86), plays it first thing every morning, and wants to use it at her eulogy.

Bump. Admittedly not for everyone, but just because I wanted to see & hear it again, and it brought tears (of joy) to my eyes yet again. The larger the screen and the louder the better!

I'd have given almost anything to be there unaware of what was about to happen. Magical IMO.

If I could just find a similar video of Beethoven's Symphony No. 5: IV Allegro I'd be all set. With the right arrangement and tempo, one of the grandest classical music moments of all time IMO.

Som Sabadell flashmob - YouTube

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom