Randy Travis

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
No time like the present to pose for fans :blush::

"Turns out that Travis, who was booked on the misdemeanor DWI charge as well as a felony charge after allegedly threatening to shoot and kill the officers involved in his arrest, took some time while he was at the county jail to chat up some fans and pose for a picture."

Randy Travis surveillance footage confiscated by authoriities - latimes.com

Randy's from a small town (Marshville) near my hometown (Rockingham), in NC. Before he was rich & famous, he used to sometimes come to a little country store in Wadesboro, NC where my grandpa, uncle and a few other folks would get together to play & sing. My grandpa played the fiddle & my uncle Roy played the guitar or a mandolin.

Also, my dad, who was a barber, told me Randy used to come into the barber shop where he worked when he (Randy) was just a kid, to get his haircuts. My dad didn't cut his hair, the shop owner did, I believe. Dad said Randy kind of had a habit of getting in trouble with the law in his younger days. Looks like maybe he's trying to re-live his youth.....lol

Last edited:
It is sad what has happened to him, as it always is when addicts hit bottom. He needs to pay his debt to society in full but my hope would be that he would find peace and sobriety along the way.

I've enjoyed Randy's music (and his choice of material) for a long time. I hope he can pull himself together and put this behind him.

Performers, maybe more than any other profession, could benefit from ER. Once you've got a few million bucks squirrelled away, thank your fans and throw in the towel. I guess a person who could just quit like that probably wouldn't have gone into show business to begin with.

Last edited:
Randy is just another human being with the usual failings. That said I hope he gets it together. Evidently some woman had done him wrong !

Back
Top Bottom