Roll from Touchstone to Vanguard

stephenson

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Had some IRA funds in PBHG, which became Old Mutual, which became Touchstone ...series of merge and buys ...got tired of it and looked like fees were higher in each subsequent management construct.

As the first step of a larger plan, I rolled it to Vanguard with intent to use ETFs as new basis for ret...ment accounts, including partial rollover from employer 401 later this year, and then complete rollover at 59 1/2.

The Touchstone fund was categorized as a mid-cap ... I want to keep category same to maintain allocation, for now. Have lots more decisions to make later.

Lots of options ...I'm 58 and plan on another 3 years or so before IFQ (hate the ret...ment word :)) ...good health, empty nester, will have Navy and corporate pension ...would appreciate thoughts on this initial rollover placement and any longer term discussion from job 401 rollover. BTW ...am not an active trader or timer so recognize I could be criticized for not acting to reduce fees, etc, especially in ret...ment accounts.

Since it appears you have no taxable accounts, you might as well use a Vanguard Target Retirement fund. Pick a fund "date" with the amount of fixed income or bonds that you want for your asset allocation. For example, the 2015 fund is 44% bonds.

If you want a Vanguard mid-cap fund, I think you know how to google "vanguard mid-cap fund" as well as anybody else on the forum.

I do have taxable savings. I appreciate the advice on searching mid cap funds.

Back
Top Bottom