Now this is cool!

73ss454

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Today I received an email from Hemmings Muscle Machines to order the 2013 calendar. To my surprise my car was on the calendar for June 2013. Pretty exciting if you are a car guy.:dance:

Hemmings Motor News

Congrats, Super Sport, that's quite an honor and you should be very proud. I certainly would be.

Today I received an email from Hemmings Muscle Machines to order the 2013 calendar. To my surprise my car was on the calendar for June 2013. Pretty exciting if you are a car guy.:dance:
How can you tell it's yours?

Congratulations. Will you still hang out with us little people? :D

Very cool there 73. :cool: Those were some torque monsters back in the day. All original?

Very cool there 73. :cool: Those were some torque monsters back in the day. All original?

Yes, from the paint to the fan belts. This was the last year for the SS in the Chevelle line. There was a big body change in 73 and the year of the gas crisis.
So GM made mostly 350's, this car is a 454 and only 2500 were made. In contrast the SS Chevelle with the big blocks from 66 to 72 were made in huge #'s, about 60K to 120K a year. Also, only 600 were made in 73 with a 4 speed and I've only found one ever made with AC like mine.

This is not a desirable year as the engine was detuned to 245HP so it's a slug compared to most of the big blocks. But I love it because it's so different.

That's quite an accomplishment to keep a rare car in such pristine condition. Well done.

The only thing cooler would be you posed with the car naked but holding a carburetor .:)
Nope Moemg, for that he is drafting you. Holding a Holley 4 bbl in your left hand and an Edelbrock camshaft in your right.

It's the gentlemanly thing to do.

Ha

Back
Top Bottom