Milestone (sort of...)

Eyerishgold

Recycles dryer sheets
With the addition of recent funds into my traditional IRA, I now have over 100k in that account. :dance:

We've had well over 100k in investable assets for some time now but it's been spread out between various IRA's, both roth and traditional, taxable accounts and 401k's. So seeing 100k in 1 account is pretty exciting for me. It might seem like a petty thing to celebrate but it's nice to see 6 figures in one account!!

With the addition of recent funds into my traditional IRA, I now have over 100k in that account. :dance:

We've had well over 100k in investable assets for some time now but it's been spread out between various IRA's, both roth and traditional, taxable accounts and 401k's. So seeing 100k in 1 account is pretty exciting for me. It might seem like a petty thing to celebrate but it's nice to see 6 figures in one account!!

So awesome!

Congrats.. not petty at all. You're working hard toward your future.

Super fun! Definitely worth celebrating :dance:

It is NOT a petty thing at all. It's an important milestone.
To paraphrase - the first $100,000 is the hardest to make - the next one will come easier.

Congratulations - and here's to the next milestone!

Eyerishgold said:
It might seem like a petty thing to celebrate but it's nice to see 6 figures in one account!!
Not at all. If you don't celebrate reaching such milestones and give yourself a pat on the back, it will be difficult to stay motivated on the road to FIRE.

Well done!

Well done.

Nothing petty about reaching a milestone. Nice!

Congrats to you! I remember when I first hit the $100k mark in my taxable account back in 1997. This was in the boom market of the late 1990s so the growth in the account from dividends and cap gains (both realized and unrealized) was often quite large from month to month. I was also paying down my mortgage that year, so even when I dropped below $100k shortly after the first time I went over it, the balance soon went back over $100k due to the market and from my working full-time at the time.

Later in 1997 I also went over $100k in my 401(k) so I had another chance to :dance: LOL!

Next stop for you is $200k. Why stop now? :)

Congratulations! There's nothing petty about this. I remember when I had my first account go over 100k. I even remember consciously calling it "0.1 million dollars". Even though that is the same as 100k, I liked the sound of having the word "million" in the amount! Every time you pass a milestone, it should motivate you more. Again, congratulations. You'd be surprised at how many people never reach this milestone.

Definitely a milestone, congratulations. Now set your sights on the next milestones and knock them down one by one...

Congrats! The milestones will go by at an increasing rate - someone once told me that investing was a marathon - not a sprint.

Back
Top Bottom