An Age-Old Problem, Finally Solved!

Amethyst

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Last edited:
I love these labor saving devices that take more time to clean than the time they save doing it the old way.

My personal favorite, especially the part about the 6-year-old re-enacting her parents' fights over the terrible chore of banana slicing:

12,621 of 12,740 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my marriage July 30, 2012
By Mrs Toledo
What can I say about the 571B Banana Slicer that hasn't already been said about the wheel, penicillin, or the iPhone.... this is one of the greatest inventions of all time. My husband and I would argue constantly over who had to cut the day's banana slices. It's one of those chores NO ONE wants to do! You know, the old "I spent the entire day rearing OUR children, maybe YOU can pitch in a little and cut these bananas?" and of course, "You think I have the energy to slave over your damn bananas? I worked a 12 hour shift just to come home to THIS?!" These are the things that can destroy an entire relationship. It got to the point where our children could sense the tension. The minute I heard our 6-year-old girl in her bedroom, re-enacting our daily banana fight with her Barbie dolls, I knew we had to make a change. That's when I found the 571B Banana Slicer. Our marriage has never been healthier, AND we've even incorporated it into our lovemaking. THANKS 571B BANANA SLICER!

Amethyst; said:
AND we've even incorporated it into our lovemaking. THANKS 571B BANANA SLICER!

Uh oh.....this could end badly! :nonono:

My personal favorite, especially the part about the 6-year-old re-enacting her parents' fights over the terrible chore of banana slicing:

12,621 of 12,740 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my marriage July 30, 2012
By Mrs Toledo
What can I say about the 571B Banana Slicer that hasn't already been said about the wheel, penicillin, or the iPhone.... this is one of the greatest inventions of all time. My husband and I would argue constantly over who had to cut the day's banana slices. It's one of those chores NO ONE wants to do! You know, the old "I spent the entire day rearing OUR children, maybe YOU can pitch in a little and cut these bananas?" and of course, "You think I have the energy to slave over your damn bananas? I worked a 12 hour shift just to come home to THIS?!" These are the things that can destroy an entire relationship. It got to the point where our children could sense the tension. The minute I heard our 6-year-old girl in her bedroom, re-enacting our daily banana fight with her Barbie dolls, I knew we had to make a change. That's when I found the 571B Banana Slicer. Our marriage has never been healthier, AND we've even incorporated it into our lovemaking. THANKS 571B BANANA SLICER!

It looks like they will still have to argue over who peels those bananas. :LOL:

Here's my favorite so far, but I'm only on the 2nd page of the reviews -

1.0 out of 5 stars Confusing, September 11, 2012
By
Q-Tip - See all my reviews

There is no way to tell if this is a standard or metric banana slicer. Additional markings on it would help greatly.

That is Hilarious! Must be retired folks with time on their hands making all those comments.:LOL: Or maybe a College creative writing class project.

Oh, that was fun! :LOL::LOL:
571B Banana slicer saved my life!, July 31, 2012
By Angela Hamel - See all my reviews

When a burgler came to my house I was tempted to reach for the butcher knife in the kitchen, but instead I grabbed the 571B banana slicer. I told the burgler..."I'm gonna slice your nanner" and he ran in a terrible fright. Thank you 571B banana slicer for saving my home and possibly my life.

Last edited:
It would be funny, except...

I have just now finished cleaning up our kitchen after an adventure with another incredible product. Last week during a visit to our favorite resale shop, I made an incredible purchase of a perfect, almost unused product that has received international acclaim for its' utility, ease of use, cleanability and ingenuity. The all time favorite of homemakers, and famous chefs and gourmonds worldwide.
The famous:
SALAD SHOOTER
Pristine, still in the box. And I paid $1.00. Not just frugal... Smart!

ei, yi, yi.... Bought cauliflower, cabbage, carrots, onions and the mixings for the world's greatest cole slaw. Waved DW back, and pumped chunks of stuff into the funnel top. Turned on the switch, and heard the powerful motor spinning... But, nothing came out but liquid. The grater did nothing to grate... just caused an impacted handful of wet mush.
Aha!... Was supposed to use the slicer. Washed out the grater wiped up the juice, poured the mush down the disposal. Minor setback.
Reassembled the SS, and started again... nothing came out, even though the motor ran and the veggies squished down the chute... until, all at once, the Salad Shooter did what it was supposed to do, and shot the sliced up "mush" all over the counter, onto the stove, and into every nook and cranny in the kitchen.

:( ... and so ends another learning experience.

img_1270994_0_f24a0ddf32edb19ee3a0c74036f18d6b.jpg

Now... as to the banana slicer... How much trouble could that cause?
BTW... did you check out all 18 images of the slicer? I think one of them may have featured BestWifeEver.

Last edited:
This was my favorite review:
Hutzler 571 Banana Slicer gave me the confidence to finally eat a banana in public. Gone are the days when men would rain dollars on my face every time I bit into a banana at the park. I hope it works on popsicles, pickles, and hot dogs too. The show is over guys!

That was funny. Sorta like the bagel slicer - who really needs one?

What's the aphorism, 'there's a sucker born every minute' or to that effect...

I will probably buy one as a conversation piece.
Hilarious comments and images. Must be one of Amazon's most popular threads.

That was funny. Sorta like the bagel slicer - who really needs one?

What's the aphorism, 'there's a sucker born every minute' or to that effect...

Sorry, you really should have a bagel slicer.

bagels.JPG

It would be funny, except...

I have just now finished cleaning up our kitchen after an adventure with another incredible product. Last week during a visit to our favorite resale shop, I made an incredible purchase of a perfect, almost unused product that has received international acclaim for its' utility, ease of use, cleanability and ingenuity. The all time favorite of homemakers, and famous chefs and gourmonds worldwide.
The famous:
SALAD SHOOTER
Pristine, still in the box. And I paid $1.00. Not just frugal... Smart!.

Ummmm...didn't you mention in another thread that you are downsizing? I'd recommend not visiting that shop again until that process is complete. ;-)

Well if you get the slicer you need to grab you one of these too

Banana Bunker

Now I have to admit my wife has a few of these...they look obscene! She actually ordered like 6 of them, but they sent a dozen of them. So we give them out as gifts to unsuspecting visitors to our house :D

I will admit they do 'work' in that they keep your banana from getting crushed, but damn...they just look obscene.

banana bunker.jpg

Well if you get the slicer you need to grab you one of these too

Banana Bunker

Now I have to admit my wife has a few of these...they look obscene! She actually ordered like 6 of them, but they sent a dozen of them. So we give them out as gifts to unsuspecting visitors to our house :D

I will admit they do 'work' in that they keep your banana from getting crushed, but damn...they just look obscene.

There is no way I'm going to believe your wife ordered a half dozen of those things as banana keepers. OMG!

Back
Top Bottom