Online Check Register?

marko

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
My laptop crashed (again!) and I've determined that going forward I want to do as much in the cloud (i.e. online via browser) as possible.

Can anyone recommend a good online check register? I was in love with my Quicken but for some reason can't upload my old data and violates my aim to now do this online.

There's quite a few that I've seen but what I'm really looking for is one that will give me visibility to my balance 2-3 weeks out by automating tabulating recurring expenses. (like Quicken did!).

I've signed up with "clearcheckbook.com" but it's been a hair pulling event for me so far and I'm not sure I'll last.

Any ideas?

I haven't used it but mint.com seems to have a wide following.

Sorry, no suggestions here.

I'm just use the old fashioned paper register that comes with my paper checks. I use that and a check book balancer spreadsheet each month. I'm happy with that "system."

I haven't used it but mint.com seems to have a wide following.
I have Mint.com but it only shows me what I've spent, not what I'm going to spend.

Would it be easier to get a new laptop and stick with Quicken?

I did get a new laptop. I re-installed quicken but I've just spent 2+ hours trying to upload/restore my files and I get all kinds of error messages. It just won't upload my old data.

Then, I went to clearcheckbook and spent another 2 hours ... maybe it's me but it's not very intuitive.

I use Quicken, and pay $10 a YEAR to back it up to their cloud. Worth the piece of mind to me that it's safe somewhere else.

I have heard tales of woe about upgrading to new versions of Quicken if the old version is more than 5 or 6 years old. Search the web for solutions. I have read of solutions such as upgrading in "steps", such as transfer old data from Quicken 2004 to Quicken 2007 and then finally to Quicken 2013. I plan on getting a new computer next month and will have to fight that battle, too. I hope I can find a solution because I have been happy with Quicken for 10 years !

I use a google Drive spreadsheet.

I built in a reconciliation feature, where I check off transactions that appear on the monthly bank statement to balance my checkbook.

I can access the spreadsheet from my smart phone or any web browser. It's in the cloud.

Back
Top Bottom