RIP Annette Funicello

There were indeed many heavy hearts among the guys at work last night upon hearing this news. There went everyone's last hope of marrying her.:(

There were indeed many heavy hearts among the guys at work last night upon hearing this news. There went everyone's last hope of marrying her.:(

DH's first true love. What an age of innocence. Two albums from his collection:

ForumRunner_20130409_082347.png

ForumRunner_20130409_082417.png

As a little kid watching "Mickey Mouse Club" in the '50's, I wanted to be her when I grew up.

Me, too. She was my favorite of the Mouseketeers. Well, her, and Cubby and Karen. It is hard to imagine that she is gone - - really drives home the fact that life is so short for all of us, even her. So sad to see her debilitated by M.S. in her later years, too.

IIRC must have been about 6-7 yo when the MM club first aired. After Annette grew a bit older, I had perhaps my first crush on her.

Always a lovely lady in every sense of the word.

Cheers!

This thread makes me feel young! LOL!

You are! Which is a pretty wonderful way to feel. :)

Here's Annette when she was really young:

M-I-C.... (see you real soon!)....K-E-Y.... (why? because we like you!)....M-O-U-S-E...

Attachments

• annette.jpg
    annette.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 38
I had a real crush on her back in the musketeer days, beautiful young lady, sad to hear of her passing.

As I recall, she was the first girl my age that had boobs. I know that this is shallow, but that is what she is known for in my world.

Well, yeah, that had a lot to do with her being DH's first true love!

Back
Top Bottom