Human Decency on public death?

ERhoosier

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Ran across this story & it turned my stomach :yuk:

BBC chief to decide on Ding Dong after Thatcher press storm | Media | guardian.co.uk

Regardless of politics, can't a public figure (controversial or not) RIP for at least a short bit before being ripped to shreds? As a HUGE Monty Python fan I could imagine Idle, Cleese, & the boys eventually working this tune into a comedy sketch, but certainly not within days of her passing.

Can't recall the author, but...
A society which disrespects its dead loses its civility.

We're talking about the media here, right? And you were expecting....?

We're talking about the media here, right? And you were expecting....?

Nor has anyone ever lost a nickel by underestimating the taste of the public. Sad. YMMV

The last time I contributed to a thread about baroness Thatcher, the thread was locked. So this time I will just say she was a controversial and divisive leader. Therefore, you can expect some people to celebrate. This is called freedom of speech, even if it is bad taste. Condolences to the family.

Last edited:
The madia will do whatever sells. The BBC is not exempt.

While I did like Margaret Thatcher, especeially her way of doing htings. All is fair in love and war.

By the way, I did take heat in this forum for bringing up Ted Kennedy's sordid past shortly after his death, the media did not mention it...

Some are media darlings, others are not.

Back
Top Bottom