New Here

katwillny

Dryer sheet aficionado
Hello All,
New to the forum, have been lurking for some time and thought Id introduce myself. 38 YO married, father of two. DW and I both work and are both contributing to our respective 401k and 403b. We both have a ROTH which we have recently started. Our ongoing goal is to continue contributing to our children's 529 plans, our oldest is 14 and our youngest is 11. Both great students, principal's list and high honor roll, so we are hoping that his continues and it gets them some sort of scholarships.
Our goal is to retire at 60 and but we feel that we are running a bit behind. between the two of us we have 150k in retirement investment and not much more in savings. (6 months emergency fund) I say all that to say that we are grateful to the Almighty for what we have. When we first met 15 year ago our goals were much different but we do what we can with what we have. Thanks all for all the great info.

Welcome Katwillny!

You have a good deal more saved than the majority of the country, being here will help you stay motivated and get you further down the road.

Best of luck from a fellow new member!

Thanks for the words of encouragement. We are very focused over the last year and have made great strides in becoming financially independent. We have paid off all of our consumer debt including our vehicles. We are in the process of refinancing our home to take advantages of the low rates. 15 year fixed mortgage to hopefully pay in 10. We have pretty stable jobs, she is a RN and I am a sysad. We just broke the $100K barrier so we are excited about that.

Welcome to the forum, try to keep the car and car insurances expenses under control in two years.

Welcome to the forum, try to keep the car and car insurances expenses under control in two years.
Explain please? Our cars are fairly new and we do not intend to purchase new ones. Our rates are fairly low for NY. thanks for the reply

Back
Top Bottom