Advice Needed- I need to go from REITs to Mid and Small Cap Investments

nico08

Recycles dryer sheets
ue to a change circumstances, I need to reallocate my portfolio. I need to sell REIT investments and I need to increase medium and small cap, both value and growth. Do you have any mutual fund or etf suggestions that have had a historically good performance and low expensse ratio and that fall within those categories.

About half of the money that needs to be reallocated is in ROTH IRA investments and the other half is in in taxable accounts. Based on the mutual funds and ETFs that you suggest, would any of those mutual funds or ETFs be better in either the ROTH or in the taxable accounts?

Thanks for your advice.

The Vanguard Small Cap Value Index fund has been in my portfolio for about 10 years now. I needed SCV then and I still need SCV today, but am not a big fan of SCG.

Why? it would seem that one would want to have small caps in a portfolio because of their potential growth? so from that standpoint SCG would make sense?

You could look at small cap or medium cap dividend ETFs, to replace the REITS. I've considered this but don't have any recommendations.
I've been happy with Fidelity Small Cap Discovery. And Vanguard Cap Opportunity, but these are primarily growth funds.

For a US value tilted portfolio (our current holdings) I'd go with the following in ETF's:

large cap: VTV
mid cap: VOE
small cap: VBR

for international:

large cap: VEU
mid cap: VINEX (active Vanguard fund with fairly low ER)

Back
Top Bottom