Market predictions

bentley

Recycles dryer sheets
Does anyone else receive market predictions from a guy calling himself James Horne? He makes some scary predictions of eminent doom in the market, and the entire economy.

Just curious if anyone had an opinion on this.

B

My opinion would be to stop listening to him, or anyone else who predicts the future of markets.

I don't know anything about James Horne, but in all likelihood he is no different than any other market prognosticator - meaning he dispenses worthless advice and is never held accountable when his predictions go wrong, but insists on claiming full credit when he turns out to be right. I suggest that you make a strenuous effort to avoid reading anything he's written, unless you want to do some historical research and figure out exactly how often his "expert" prediction has turned out to be exactly the opposite of how things turned out. I suspect the results would be quite illuminating.

In particular was James Horne urging everyone to put 100% of their assets into equities in March, 2009? Or even 75%? Perhaps he was, but people whose bias is that we're all going to h*ll in a handbasket rarely do a complete 180 and decide that the future is bright after all. It's more likely that he was one of the chorus of voice who was saying, "The Dow's going to zero. We're alll doomed!" Recognizing these voices as having no predictive power whatsoever is the first step to maintaining one's composure in a risky world and sticking to one's asset allocation in turbulent times.

So sick of the doom and gloom prognosticators. The Ponzi schemers take advantage of people listening to them.

Back
Top Bottom