How not to behave

timo2

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
The person described in this article may not be retired, but he fits the stereotype: From the Golden Colorado Police Report:

Angry neighbor causes concern. On May 19, someone called Golden police because they were concerned about a neighbor in the 300 block of Sunshine Parkway. The neighbor has exhibited aggressive behavior toward children, yelling at them to not come into his yard. He said he would poison his driveway to keep kids off of it. Police attempted to contact the man, but nobody was home.

Golden Police Blotter: Angry neighbor causes concern - Your Hub

Get off my lawn!!!!

The person described in this article may not be retired, but he fits the stereotype: From the Golden Colorado Police Report:

How should retire people behave that fits this stereotype?
I don't like that remark at all!. :)

A sprinkler works good to keep the little vandals off the lawn or driveway...

I'm thinking this driveway would be a good place to release the catch-and-release rodent traps from another thread. Rats will keep those kids away!

Last edited:

Except where he lives has water rationing, so if that guy could catch the kids before 10 am or after 6 pm on Tuesday and Saturday (or whatever his 2 days are), he would be able to get them. :cool:

I don't believe they have driveway poison rationing, however.

If one of my neighbors threatened my kids they would definitely need to have the cops come. :bat:

Good idea! :2funny:

I guess I am lucky to live in a de facto over-50-or-single neighborhood that is pretty much child free. No kids on my lawn, lately.

Today some teens from the next block down were riding their bikes in my street as I drove home, but they got out of my way. They know when they are outgunned! :D

:LOL:

Now there's a marketing opportunity for some entrepreneur. "Kid-Be-Gone driveway poison".

DW and I are threatening to start a web site where our weekly good ideas to make millions can be implemented. I will steal this for the weekly idea.
DW said that if it smelled like spinach, it would work great.

I remember when I was a kid, one neighbor used to frequently yell: "Go and play in front of your own house". There were a few old males with anger issues in the neighborhood. Kids live for the thrill of tormenting them. I guess if it comes back on me, it would be karma.

Darn with that bear of mine around, not even the dogs want to go outside.

I wish there was deer poison. Deer are a horrible plague where we live.

Kids are rarely seen, even on their own lawns. I think their days are more tightly scheduled than mine!

Amethyst

I wish we could spray "Kid Away" like we do the "Deer Away" to keep the punks out of our yard. They have no manners or respect for other people's property.

Kids are rarely seen, even on their own lawns. I think their days are more tightly scheduled than mine!

Amethyst

The deer (not children), are quite tasty , ( no offense meant, to those with different views).

MRG

We rented a home in western Washington a few years back while waiting for our dream home in the country to be built. The rental was in a neighborhood with a lot of young families.
The country lot was overgrown with vine maple and blackberry. The perfect tool for this cleanup being machetes.
I recall many a time where I'd wheel the bench mounted grinder out into the driveway and work a fine edge onto the machetes.
Funny now that I think about it, the neighborhood kids never ventured onto my lawn.

zedd

Amethyst

It is illegal to kill deers in our city. People always say that they were here before we did and that we need to learn to line with it. Unfortunately, the completely destroyed our landscape, we made a mistake of having a bird bath and that was what attracted them to our yard.

It is illegal to kill deers in our city. People always say that they were here before we did and that we need to learn to line with it. Unfortunately, the completely destroyed our landscape, we made a mistake of having a bird bath and that was what attracted them to our yard.

Pssst, want to borrow a bear.

Darn with that bear of mine around, not even the dogs want to go outside.

Yogi hasn't gone home yet? He's out there if the dogs are afraid.
Beautiful creatures to see and watch but I keep the food away.
Sometimes they hang out anyway.

Out in the remote parts there are no driveways. My problem is getting kids here for Halloween. No hope of that but each year I try anyway.

Amethyst

I am looking for pigeon poison.

Sometimes it is kind of nice to have kids playing on your lawn. They do interesting stuff and bring life and vitality to a neighborhood.

Now I would consider goose poison for my driveway...

Back
Top Bottom