Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community

Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community (http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/)
-   Other topics (http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/)
-   -   Happy Father's Day... (http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/happy-fathers-day-67108.html)

bbbamI 06-16-2013 12:38 PM

Happy Father's Day...

1 Attachment(s)
to all the 'doodads' out there. :flowers:

A pic of my daddy and me. Please excuse the quality of the pic..it is over 55 years old. :)

Bestwifeever 06-16-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbamI (Post 1330097)
to all the 'doodads' out there. :flowers:

A pic of my daddy and me. Please excuse the quality of the pic..it is over 55 years old. :)

Really nice, bbb. And what a little cutie you already were!

bbbamI 06-16-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bestwifeever (Post 1330105)
Really nice, bbb. And what a little cutie you already were!

Thank you. :flowers: Sure wish I still had that black curly hair. ..sigh..

We'll be going to dad's house next month to do some cleaning and painting to spruce up the place a bit. Gotta 'repay' all the feedings and burpings don't ya know. :)

JOHNNIE36 06-16-2013 05:08 PM

Thank you very much, bbbamI.

Ronstar 06-16-2013 05:35 PM

Great pic, bbbami! You look as smitten by him as he does by you.

bbbamI 06-16-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOHNNIE36 (Post 1330161)
Thank you very much, bbbamI.

You're welcome Johnnie...I hope you had a good day. :flowers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronstar (Post 1330165)
Great pic, bbbami! You look as smitten by him as he does by you.

Thank you. Seems to me I was thinking...'so you're the reason I have a high forehead.' ;D

Yep..it was love at first sight. :)

Moemg 06-16-2013 07:12 PM

Happy Father's Day to all our forum Dad's !

Dreamer 06-16-2013 08:54 PM

Happy Father's Day to all our forum dads. Hope you had a wonderful day!

ohyes 06-16-2013 09:55 PM

bbbamI,

Thank you for sharing the photo. It is a great one and shares such sweetness.

obgyn65 06-18-2013 07:47 PM

Thanks for sharing the picture. I miss my Father everyday. We are so similar in so many ways.

Gumby 06-18-2013 08:48 PM

At church this past Sunday, instead of the normal sermon, a group of men from the church men's group talked about their fathers and what they meant to them. There were the expected encomiums, which were heartfelt and touching. But what struck me was the number of men who chose to speak about their father-in-law or some other older man in their life. Some were upfront about the situation -- "My father chose not to be a part of my life, so ..." Others were not as forthcoming, but it was implied.

What I really took away from the speeches is the great and abiding hunger that we all have, as boys and young men, for someone who will guide us along the path, showing us how to avoid the roadblocks and snares along the way, and helping us to know what is valuable and true. In short, we long for someone who will teach how us how to be a good man. And if we don't get that guidance from our own fathers, we turn to those who might help us in his place. Sometimes we are fortunate to find such a man, and, sadly, sometimes not. But the need is always there.

And so, for all those fathers who stood up and taught their sons, and for all those men who stood in for the ones who could not or would not, I salute you. The world is a better place for your efforts.