3D Printing Stocks

jrhop

Confused about dryer sheets
I am new to this site. I am looking to invest in 3D printing stocks. Does anyone have any insight that might be helpful to me? I have looked up some companies to see if it would be better to invest in the software side or manufacturing side or both. I only have a small amount to invest to add to my stock holdings. Thanks for any information.

Thanks,

jrhop

Good luck, I considered trying to invest in this space a year or more ago, I not that smart or lucky.

I think there's great potential in this area, but I can't find anything I'd put money in. YMMV

MRG

3D printing is a fantastic, growing market.

But back in the early 1900's the automobile was an industry poised for tremendous growth. It would have seemed wise to invest in a few of the early companies, and just watch the money roll in. Which ones would you pick?

Would you have been smart enough to pick GM, Ford or Chrysler? Or would you have picked from this list? SPOILER ALERT - there are over 100 companies in that list that never made it into the 1930's. And that is just from the companies whose name started with "A"!

List of defunct automobile manufacturers of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And in case you think I'm cherry picking with the letter "A", not even picking a less common letter could assure success:

Q

Queen (1904–1907)
Quick (1899–1900)
Quinby (1899)

X

Xander (1901–1902)[74]
Xenia (1914)[74]

Y

Yale (1902–1905)
Yale (1916–1918)
Yankee (1910)
Yellow (1915–1930)

Z

Zent (1900–1902, 1904–1906)[247]
Zentmobile (1903)[247]
Zimmerman (1908–1915)[247]
Zip (1913–1914)[247]

Good Luck! (How about an index fund instead?)

-ERD50

Run....

I'm not sure if you want to print stocks as in company or print stocks as in guns.

I'm pretty sure the first one (counterfeiting) is illegal. The second, while legal if printed for personal use and not for sale, is dangerous, as they typically only last a few rounds and you never know round will be the one after which the stock will explode.

:facepalm:

Who's going to be the winner in LED lights? That'd be a good one too.

Last edited:
3D printing Stocks

Thanks for your input. I do believe this will be huge in the medical and dental fields and maybe more. Just trying to get enough information to make the right decision. Is everyone going to want one for home (microsoft)? Or the company that make the printers. And which one.

jrhop

I got into 3D Systems Corp. (DDD) about 2 years ago & made about 400%

I sold after they missed last quarters earnings.
"Pigs get fat, & hogs get slaughtered"

It corrected as much as 20% but is now back up close to all time highs.

Another is Stratasys Ltd. (SSYS)
They have made 2 major acquisitions in the last 3 months.
I hear more about this one because it's located in Minnesota (my home state)

Hope this helps

Thanks.
Yes I am looking into that one also.Trying to figure out who is going to be the player. Hardware or software or both. I will try something if I feel they will have value. Have you heard of Graphene? I am looking into that also.

jrhop

Have you heard of Graphene?

jrhop

Not until you mentioned it. I only had about 10 minutes to research.
Sounds interesting.

Looks like many choices (stocks) available to gain exposure.
The only name I recognized was SanDisk Corp.

Will investigate further when I have time

Steve

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom