6 month anniversary

missedearly62

Dryer sheet aficionado
I retired December 31, 2012 so end of June makes 6 months. Though I hoped life would slow down with leisurely days, I've found my interests and family mean they aren't much slower but definitely more fun and meanngful.
Some highlights from last two days: watched 5 yr old granddaughter's surprised eyes as we threw sticks discovering swishing sound, did air pressure science experiments with water, sprayed our heads together to cool down then later washed her muddy legs with warm hose and bubbles in backyard, attended an art lecture of old painter who talked mostly about his employed work life causing me to fight dozing off most of it, played the piano, did yoga mid morning, watercolored outside after a drive and cloud watching, garage saled with teen grandson, swam with fam, lived in the moments and saw important but not urgent.
So NO REGRETS giving up what was a good job but was set to be infiltrated by not so good aspects this year. I am delighted to be away from that race and into this peaceful one.

Happy half-year anniversary! Wonderful to hear such a joyful account of retirement. Hope the next six months are just as satisfying.

Misseddearly62, sounds like you really need to try and find something to do with your free time, lol. Glad you're having such a great time- I'm about 4 1/2 years in and still find myself with too much to do in one day. DW says I could get more done if I didn't want to take a nap in the afternoon but I fight those sentiments off! Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom