Now fish oil is bad

I have no prostate, so I'll continue taking it.

Fish oil is very high in vitamin D, vitamin D is a steroid precursor, steroids suppress the immune system, suppressed immune systems reduce inflammation that causes joint pain, but a suppressed immune system often leads to other health trouble.

The investigators way nothing about Vitamin D, which in any case is not particularly high in fish body oil-only the liver of certain fishes. They specifically cited the Omega 3 oils found in fish-EPA, DPA, and DHA.

Ha

New study finds breathing air may be hazardous to your health. Honestly, we are all suffering from study overload and they each contradict each other, so pick your own poison:LOL:

New study finds breathing air may be hazardous to your health. Honestly, we are all suffering from study overload and they each contradict each other, so pick your own poison:LOL:
Yep.

I think Chucknut had it right: Just Eat Real Food. And get on with life.

Looks like we are back to Just Eat Real Food.

Yeah, that's the ticket!
img_1336999_0_0d0a969a54ef63ba1981a087de99b658.png

This is too funny. Here I am reading this thread about the bad stuff that happens by taking fish oil and this is the ad that's in the right side of the E-R page... are they trying to change our minds?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    128.7 KB · Views: 352
Fish oil + vitamin D is the ticket. Given that prostate cancer is relatively easy to detect and treat these days, I'll take my chances with that in lieu of heart issues, inflammation, joint problems, eye problems, and the ~400 other things Fish Oil and its associated Omegas help with. JMO. Otherwise, yes, eat real food (but a lot of the real food you probably eat doesn't have the right O-3 to O-6 profile, so... fish oil is beneficial).

Data appears to conflict with earlier studies from other researchers, although they were tracking fish consumption vs fish oil capsules.
Fatty Fish May Cut Prostate Cancer Risk
Who are the longest lived men on earth? The Japanese. Do they eat fish? Do they eat fatty fish? Big yes to both questions, if the Japanese Americans I meet are any test.

So I think I will go on eating all the fish I can afford, and as prices are going lately that gets to be fewer fish every year in any case.

Ha

Everything in moderation.
I remember my great Uncle Jim saying that when I was a kid. Then, as I entered my teens, I realized that while he was more keen on the "moderation" part, I was more interested in the "everything" bit :D

Please heed this warning....

EVERYTHING CAN KILL YOU!

Have a nice day. :)

Fish oil + vitamin D is the ticket. Given that prostate cancer is relatively easy to detect and treat these days, I'll take my chances with that in lieu of heart issues, inflammation, joint problems, eye problems, and the ~400 other things Fish Oil and its associated Omegas help with. JMO. Otherwise, yes, eat real food (but a lot of the real food you probably eat doesn't have the right O-3 to O-6 profile, so... fish oil is beneficial).

+1... this is exactly what I was thinking....

The link between the benefits of fish oil on a lot of things have been shown by many studies.... the problem is in only one....

I like my chances with taking fish oil....

Who can you trust for solid health information? Apparently nobody.

One of the saddest effects of the current situation is people do not know whom they can trust anymore. Politics and special interests (spelled M-O-N-E-Y) make it hard to know if the information and recommendations are unbiased.

Add to this the honest disagreements between knowledgeable people with the credentials to speak with authority on medicine/health/diet and the public is really confused.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom