Will congress vote to delay individual mandate for Obamacare as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fh2000

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
House Republicans to vote on ObamaCare, say Obama

House Republicans will vote this week to delay the part of ObamaCare requiring Americans to buy health insurance by next year, arguing that President Obama recently delaying the part of the law requiring employers to offer health insurance is a corporate favor that slights struggling, average Americans.

If this passes, I am not sure if this will delay my OMY. How about you?

The Senate won't even pick it up. It's a non-issue.

You can safely go forward based on the assumption that the individual mandate will be left in place.

The idea of any law actually leaving congress for signature these days is ridiculous.
Doesn't matter what the dysfunctional house passes - the Senate has it's own dysfunction that requires a super majority to bring anything to a vote.

No need for OMY over this.

This behavior from a certain group in the House reminds me of the IBM FUD days. I am sure everyone knows FUD is Fear Uncertainty and Doubt. This was a favorite tactic of IBM to try and stop the PC and keep their mainframe business back in the late 80s and early 90s.

A HUGE public outcry is the only way both houses of Congress would pass a delay of the individual mandate. Agree 100% that chances of that are slim & none, and Slim just left town ;)

House Republicans to vote on ObamaCare, say Obama

House Republicans will vote this week to delay the part of ObamaCare requiring Americans to buy health insurance by next year, arguing that President Obama recently delaying the part of the law requiring employers to offer health insurance is a corporate favor that slights struggling, average Americans.

If this passes, I am not sure if this will delay my OMY. How about you?

I'm shocked!

The Republican-led House has voted, for the 37th time, to repeal President Obama’s health care law, even though GOP lawmakers know the Senate will not follow suit.

Don't forget January 19, 2011; July 11, 2012; May 16, 2013; April 15, 2011; March 29, 2012; and March 21, 2013. (And that list doesn't include the partial repeal votes.)

For the first time, though, several major labor unions are now coming out saying "this isn't what we paid for." That potentially hits the politicians where it'll hurt so, while I don't think the law will be overturned, I would not at all be surprised to see some major changes in the way the subsidies are handled into the future.

The way the law is today, a person with $2,000,000 in assets can qualify for pretty significant subsidies if they manage their taxable income properly while another person with no assets and $67000 in income will have to pay the full premium.

Does anyone really think that the left in congress is going to allow what is going to arise as "subsidies for the rich" to continue for long?

For the first time, though, several major labor unions are now coming out saying "this isn't what we paid for." That potentially hits the politicians where it'll hurt so, while I don't think the law will be overturned, I would not at all be surprised to see some major changes in the way the subsidies are handled into the future.

The way the law is today, a person with $2,000,000 in assets can qualify for pretty significant subsidies if they manage their taxable income properly while another person with no assets and $67000 in income will have to pay the full premium.

Does anyone really think that the left in congress is going to allow what is going to arise as "subsidies for the rich" to continue for long?

"A 2001 study done by the Kaiser Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured found that states that dropped the tests said they were costly and time-consuming to administer and rarely resulted in someone being disqualified from Medicaid.

"You don't find a lot of low-income families with assets," Pennsylvania officials said in the Kaiser study.

Not referring to low income families in any way.

My taxable income next year will be managed to take money from both taxable and non taxable sources at such a level as to qualify for health insurance subsidies. I know from reading on here (and from speaking with friends) that many others will be doing the same. That's a huge loophole for the politicians to completely overlook as money gets tighter and tighter.

Someone who can take $40,000 from taxable sources and $$40,000 from non taxable sources qualifies for a very nice subsidy. Someone working at a $67,000 a year job will be paying (literally) thousands more in premiums as they won't qualify for subsidies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom