What's your take on the finance market for 2nd half of 2013 ?

cyber888

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Will the market go back to 14000-14500, stay around 15000-15500, or shoot up to 16000-16500 ?
Today the DOW is down 190 points. Will there be recovery or will we see bigger dumps?

Last edited:
Works every time...

Attachments

• 10906218-stock-market-predictor-concept-compass-isolated-on-white-background.jpg
    10906218-stock-market-predictor-concept-compass-isolated-on-white-background.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 236
I don't care what the market does today, tomorrow, next week, next month, next year or the year after that. It just doesn't make any difference to my life. I left all that behind a number of years ago when I went over to Vanguard and subscripted to the Bogle way of investing. I hope that monkey never comes back into my life.:nonono:

Will the market go back to 14000-14500, stay around 15000-15500, or shoot up to 16000-16500 ?
Today the DOW is down 190 points. Will there be recovery or will we see bigger dumps?

Likely all of the above...

The market,in my opinion, will correct ( is correcting) prior to rising interest rates. As I've said before, I'm not a buyer of equities until the S and P reaches 1250 ish. If it doesn't get there, fine. If it does, I will employ my cash position.

I think these guys may just have the best insight into what might happen, via their advanced forecasting and decision support strategies.

The financial markets, like real estate, have trended upwards so far. About 8% and 5% respectfully. Not a bad return, but you definitely need a long term to create wealth, if any. Much of the gains can be attributed to inflation. Taxes whack out much of the rest. Some people realize this and are content. Others will attempt to take advantage of market fluctuations to create " real wealth". I don't know who are the bigger fools, but I know who has the better stories. :)

I predict the market will repeatedly over react to every piece of trivial news.

The market,in my opinion, will correct ( is correcting) prior to rising interest rates. As I've said before, I'm not a buyer of equities until the S and P reaches 1250 ish. If it doesn't get there, fine. If it does, I will employ my cash position.

So if it never gets to 1250ish again, you'll keep that cash position forever?

zesty said:

No. I dont plan on buying any equities in the future except reinvestment of dividends. Unless the market corrects substantially.

I think these guys may just have the best insight into what might happen, via their advanced forecasting and decision support strategies.

South Park - American Economics - YouTube

I missed this episode when it first came out and caught it earlier this year on Netflix. One of the funniest southpark episodes I have ever seen, especially since I worked on the "chicken roulette" side of things in the crisis.

zesty said:

To clarify, I'm going to give the market less than 6 months for equities to drop or interest rates to rise significantly before using my cash. Then I'll hold only emergency cash and put the rest to work. I'm not really timing the market since I was 100% equities in my working years. I'm timing my entrance into bonds. I'm halfway there but don't feel any urgency to complete my bond allocation at these rates. Again, if the market tanks, I'm not against buying more equities instead of bonds.

Back
Top Bottom