Back to work, you working stiff!

Chuckanut

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Ahhh..... The pleasures of retirement. I keep getting various e-mail ads with all sorts of "The Summer is over, now back to work" ads. Deleting them has become a minor pleasure in life. :dance:

Last edited:
We are in San Diego now visiting with our son. He went back to work along with all the others. It's amazing how the restaurants, highways, museums, our motel, etc. have cleared out. Sanity has returned for vacationers. :)

Wish I could stop all the Medicare suppliment, free dinner for financial planners, insurance, and retirement village snail mail that's been targeting me for the last couple of years.

Cheers!

While I can snicker to myself at many people returning to work or school, it will result in more daily noise in my immediate surroundings. My upstairs neighbor is a teacher and he gets up at 6 AM, stomping around for about an hour. He gets back from work shortly after 3 PM when I am trying to take my afternoon nap, too. And I live across the street from a church which has a grade school in it. It has resumed classes so it gets noisy outside in the morning and mainly in the afternoon when it lets out and the street gets lined with cars picking up kids. I have to remember not to be out there in the 20 minutes it gets hectic outside.

Still, a small price to pay for an enjoyable retirement! :)

Wish I could stop all the Medicare suppliment, free dinner for financial planners, insurance, and retirement village snail mail that's been targeting me for the last couple of years.

Cheers!

+1, I am starting to think of the cost savings if we started attending these financial pitches. We could probably cut our food budget by 60% and maybe I'd learn something useful in process, although that might be a stretch given all the charlatans out there:LOL:

+1, I am starting to think of the cost savings if we started attending these financial pitches. We could probably cut our food budget by 60% and maybe I'd learn something useful in process, although that might be a stretch given all the charlatans out there:LOL:

My LBYM FIL/MIL did that for years. Didn't matter what it was, free meal, they we're in. They loved the pitches for timeshares. Seemed the more they said no, more and better offers came to them. It was a great source of entertainment to them both.

MRG

Last edited:
Out here at the shore it's like a different world. I bet the population of the area dropped by 70% or so after last weekend. I've seen a number of shop owners working the cash registers because their high school and college hires went back, and when I went to the beach a couple of days ago I didn't have to step over a single person to reach the water. Heaven!

Ahhh..... The pleasures of retirement. I keep getting various e-mail ads with all sorts of "The Summer is over, now back to work" ads. Deleting them has become a minor pleasure in life. :dance:

Yeah, well, I miss getting Paid holidays, Paid vacation days, and Paid sick days.
Now if I get sick, I hafta do it on my OWN time!!!
The injustice of it all!

Surely in this enlightened age, retirees should get all three of these paid, right? :angel:

Yeah, well, I miss getting Paid holidays, Paid vacation days, and Paid sick days.
Now if I get sick, I hafta do it on my OWN time!!!
The injustice of it all!

Surely in this enlightened age, retirees should get all three of these paid, right? :angel:

Well, we sort of do, once we start collecting SS, 'cause then we're getting paid ALL of the time. :dance:

omni

Back
Top Bottom