Proposed Nebraska ACA Rates

alaska55

Recycles dryer sheets
http://www.doi.nebraska.gov/aca/consumer/aca-info/Nebraska Health Rate Comparison 7-20-2013final.pdf

I'm paying about $180 amonth for a $7500 deductible Plan that is pretty close to the Bronze plan. Of course being a single 58 male it doesn't include maternity coverage! So now I'll will be paying at minimum $400. So much for affordable heath care. I'm semi retired and work part time for my former co and make just enough to not get a subsidy. So my choices are work less, work more to pay for it or stay the course and pay 5k to 6k for insurance.

So my choices are work less, work more to pay for it or stay the course and pay 5k to 6k for insurance.
So, will your present coverage still be offered?

The worst situation would be to be in the exchanges and have just enough income (400% of the FPL) to not get the subsidy. So, be sure to track your income (including investment income) closely.
The great news: If you buy the approved plans within the exchanges and you do get pregnant, you'd have coverage.

Last edited:
I would volunteer for just enough pay cut to get a subsidy if you cannot find a deduction.

http://www.doi.nebraska.gov/aca/consumer/aca-info/Nebraska%20Health%20Rate%20Comparison%207-20-2013final.pdf

I'm paying about $180 amonth for a $7500 deductible Plan that is pretty close to the Bronze plan. Of course being a single 58 male it doesn't include maternity coverage! So now I'll will be paying at minimum $400. So much for affordable heath care. I'm semi retired and work part time for my former co and make just enough to not get a subsidy. So my choices are work less, work more to pay for it or stay the course and pay 5k to 6k for insurance.

Welcome to my world! Remember if your current carrier will not do it, you can get underwritten from another carrier prior to the end of this year and you can avoid the ravages of this price increase for one more year. That is what I am doing. Anthem I believe is trying to pull a fast one on us in MO and switch us over to their exchange prices January 1. I'm not falling for that trick and am switching the end of this month and underwriting again in December to het the full 12 months. If you do follow through with this plan just limit your sexual urges the next year as you wouldn't want to be caught paying for your pregnancy because you didn't jump on the exchange when you had the chance. :)

That is a big hit. What is the deductible on the Bronze plan?

Back
Top Bottom