Website for ACA Options, Premiums, and Subsidies

jflynn4

Recycles dryer sheets
There is a new website (recently put together by three friends) that will provide, based on your zip code, age, and income:

1 - what coverages are available to you under the ACA,
2 - what premiums will be for those coverages,
3 - what subsidies are available to you
4 - how to go about contacting the insurer to obtain more information about the coverage

You'll still need to navigate healthcare,gov in order to actually enroll but, at least, with this site, you won't be flying blind when you do actually go thru the process.

(It DOES kind of make you wonder why, if three guys can put this working website together for free in a few days, why the government hasn't been able to figure out a simple process after more than three years!)

There is a new website (recently put together by three friends) that will provide, based on your zip code, age, and income: 1 - what coverages are available to you under the ACA, 2 - what premiums will be for those coverages, 3 - what subsidies are available to you 4 - how to go about contacting the insurer to obtain more information about the coverage You'll still need to navigate healthcare,gov in order to actually enroll but, at least, with this site, you won't be flying blind when you do actually go thru the process. (It DOES kind of make you wonder why, if three guys can put this working website together for free in a few days, why the government hasn't been able to figure out a simple process after more than three years!)

Wow....sorry!

Www.healthsherpa.com

I saw that site and it gives the lowest subsidy estimate I've seen. I wonder why it's vastly different from Kaiser and Value Penguin? Anyone else notice the same?

What does this provide that valuepenguin doesn't?

I saw that site and it gives the lowest subsidy estimate I've seen. I wonder why it's vastly different from Kaiser and Value Penguin? Anyone else notice the same?

Not sure. I can say that I've actually gone thru the exchange process and successfully enrolled though (a couple weeks ago) and the dollar amount of subsidy I received is nearly to the penny of what this website indicates it should be.

It looks close to mine, $1 different than what the exchange had. Valuepenquin is off more.

Back
Top Bottom