Planning on going to Texas, and Tulsa in January

dm

Full time employment: Posting here.
We were planning on going in December, but to much family holiday stuff got into the way.

So anyway, the plan is to spend about 3 day's in Tulsa OK, and then fly on down to San Antonio. We will probably spend at least a week based in San Antonio, but don't have anything set in stone. We are open to suggestions, we have been to Fredericksburg, and we have seen the Alamo.

We both like museums and historical places, we are also looking around as we have been thinking about moving there, or at least being a winter texan.

Any suggestions on things to see and where to stay away from?

Any suggestions on things to see and where to stay away from?
That's highly subjective and dependent on your individual tastes, but here are a few:

Toilet Seat Museum - Alamo Heights
San Antonio Shoes - The General Store
Greune, TX and the Gruene River Grill, New Braunfels
You've seen the Alamo, but how about the other missions in the San Antonio Missions National Historical Park?
The McNay Art Museum
The King William Historical District (try breakfast at the Guenther House)
The Witte Museum

Don't consider moving until you spend a summer "enjoying the sun" here in South TX. :nonono:

That's highly subjective and dependent on your individual tastes, but here are a few:

You've seen the Alamo, but how about the other missions in the San Antonio Missions National Historical Park?
The McNay Art Museum
The Witte Museum

Don't consider moving until you spend a summer "enjoying the sun" here in South TX. :nonono:

Thanks, we would defiantly rent for a year first, wear ever we end up going. I worked for a summer down there, but it was years ago. Summer would probably be a good time to visit relatives in Missouri and the Chicago area.

The McNay Art Museum
The Witte Museum

Dang, REW, you sound like the Texas welcome bureau...

I can second going to the other 4 missions. We did all 4 and they each have their own flavor. Enjoyed them a lot.

Also, there is a bike path between some of them, so if you like to ride, you can conceivably ride between them. Just check it all out first, as we 1) rode one in the wrong direction one day and 2) chose to take a path that wasn't open yet the second day.....

P.S. Just noticed you are flying - don't recall if they had bike rentals there, but I think they do at the largest one....

Nah. That would have had me say "Summer temps are not nearly as bad as some would have you believe..." :cool:

We hit 89 yesterday...:nonono:

Yep, mid-80s here... Good day for a bike ride, except for the 20mph wind!

Nah. That would have had me say "Summer temps are not nearly as bad as some would have you believe..." :cool: We hit 89 yesterday...:nonono:
The "Welcome to REWahoo's Texas" website actually says, "Summer temps are not nearly as bad as some would have you believe. They are much worse."

Pearl Brewery, Central Market, new extension of the river walk, San Marcos outlet mall, food trucks, j&s fine wines on a Saturday (free wine tastings and food trucks) and if you have a couple extra free days, head out to Big Bend, six hour drive, but unbeliveably beautiful. And Check out the Trinity Distinguished Lecture Series. I did the San Antonio half marathon yesterday when it hit 89, not a good day!

Back
Top Bottom