I am free!

uncaD

Dryer sheet aficionado
This introduction has been a very long time coming. I’ve been a lurker on this and every other early retirement forum since the Motley Fool days in the ‘90s when I was still in grad school. I have been borderline obsessed with the idea of financial independence and early retirement for as long as I can remember. Today was my first Monday of freedom. :dance:

I’m 45, solidly INTJ, and just wrapped up a career in the financial services industry. DW is mid-30’s and has no intention of retiring just yet, which is entirely her choice. She has been completely aware of (and fully on board with) my goal of cashing out as soon as possible since at least our second date. We have no children currently, but that could change in the future. Or not, we’ll see. We currently live in NYC, but plan to move to a more laid-back/lower COL area (to be determined) at some point, depending on how DW’s career plans evolve.

Anyway, thank you all for the informative and inspiring discussions on these boards over the years. I hope to become a considerably more active participant going forward!

Congratulations and welcome (back). :flowers:

Congratulations! I think you may have set an E-R.org record for most delayed first post after registration. Very restrained of you. Welcome aboard (finally) ;)

Congrats. I used to say I am free, nowadays changed it to: not free but reasonble.

Back
Top Bottom