speedy first year

missedearly62

Dryer sheet aficionado
I'm coming up on 1st anniversary having retired end of 2012. Had hopes that getting out of the rat race would seem to slow life down. Started the year with a nice planned agenda including reading, poetry, gardening, etc. Well that hasn't happened. This has been the fastest moving year of my life. Part of it has been learning new hobbies which may be speeding up days in quest to improve. But have also become sounding board for adult children problems more this year. I want the peaceful retired life i envisioned! Or do I? Anyone else discovered retirement life is different even faster paced than expected?

I'm 7 1/2 years into ER now and time is still flying by.....it's a little disconcerting! I also thought time would slow down and was looking forward to visiting boredom again I remember from childhood. Apparently I just don't get bored anymore - the only thing I don't like is having something necessary on my schedule....funny considering I used to be hard scheduled out 6 weeks at all times while working. Freedom is great but it sure doesn't slow things down!

I'm coming up on 7 years and also thought things would slow down. Wrong again. I don't know where the time has gone but I love it.

and yet it seems like 9/1/14 (my ER target) is so far off....I guess the speed of time is dependent upon which side you are on...

Agree - there's definitely not enough time to do all the things on my list. Of course, spending time here wasn't even on my list...

Back
Top Bottom