Favorite "mellow" album

Dark Side of the Moon is the first album I thought about when I saw the title of this post.

I find it the perfect album to fall asleep to or nap to.
Even when the alarm clocks go off in Time? :LOL: My ex- got really po'd on a road trip when I was listening to that as she was resting and that came on.

I must have a thousand albums and there is not a single favorite "mellow" one. Maybe, Northern Exposure sound tracks fit the description best.

Thirty four years ago, my soon to be bride asked me to put on some "party music" as we were getting ready to go out for the night. I put on Willie Nelson's Stardust album. She couldn't believe that I considered this to be party music and still to this day gives me a hard time about it. Looking back on this, I have to agree it was a poor choice for party music, but it still gets my vote for best mellow music.

I don't know where to put this one, so I'll put it here. A little while ago I mentioned Arlo Guthrie and that got me to thinking about Pete Seeger. Here's a tune from South Africa that made its way to the Americas, was recorded by many groups, notably the folk group The Weavers, and was licensed to Disney who added words which is how most people know of it. Pete Seeger got the name wrong, it's not "Wimoweh".

Hey-yup boys! Sing it on New Years!

Pete Seeger - Wimoweh - YouTube

Booker T & the MGs - Melting Pot
Bob James - Heads
Paul Hardcastle - Rainforest

Three albums came to mind quickly when I read the title of the thread - Tea for the Tillerman (Cat Stevens), Lightfoot (really old folkie Gordon Lightfoot) and Stardust (Willie Nelson). Haven't heard any of these in many years. Someone mentioned JJ Cale. That might be the best pick of all.

I am reposting this, without editing out the video, because we will not hear new music from Pete Seeger again.

The guy changed things and for the better.

I don't know where to put this one, so I'll put it here. A little while ago I mentioned Arlo Guthrie and that got me to thinking about Pete Seeger. Here's a tune from South Africa that made its way to the Americas, was recorded by many groups, notably the folk group The Weavers, and was licensed to Disney who added words which is how most people know of it. Pete Seeger got the name wrong, it's not "Wimoweh".

Hey-yup boys! Sing it on New Years!

Pete Seeger - Wimoweh - YouTube

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom