Stuck with a non-existent policy, What A SCAM!!!!!

ipotrader

Dryer sheet wannabe
I paid the 1st month premium in December, and still have NOT yet received the membership ID card from Humana.

I called Humana and was told that their system is down, and they are not sending out membership ID card right now, and they do NOT know when the system will be back up and running. So I asked Humana to simply cancel my policy, they refused. Essentially Humana just takes the premium without giving you a policy. I called the marketplace, and the rep told me they could NOT do anything about it, because I paid the premium and the policy started already.

So now I am stuck with this non-existent policy, no way to cancel it, could not do anything about it, isn't this ridiculous?!

Can they give you your ID number and a phone number for a healthcare provider to call? That may be good enough for a medical office to do the billing.

I am not actually seeing a doctor anytime soon, and hopefully never. Without a ID card, most place will not take you though.

I think Humana do it intentionally. If you call them with your real SSN, the call got filtered and redirected to this hour-long wait line, but if you enter 111-11-1111 or 222-22-2222 as your SSN, the call gets picked up right away.

They just want your premium, without giving you the policy. AND YOU HAVE NO WAY TO CANCEL THE POLICY, NOT WITH HUMANA, NOT WITH MARKETPLACE!!!

Can they give you your ID number and a phone number for a healthcare provider to call? That may be good enough for a medical office to do the billing.

My sister is having the same problem and she does need to visit the doctor. I told her to just go and pay for it, and then submit the claim after the fact. It's not ideal, but clearly this ACA stuff is not quite ready for prime time yet, and those of you who signed up at the beginning are the early adopters who are stuck working the bugs out.

So now I am stuck with this non-existent policy, no way to cancel it, could not do anything about it, isn't this ridiculous?!

I bet if you quit paying them, they would toss you out eventually............

Yeah, after 12 months.

And even if I quit paying them right away, they can still get the premium subsidy from the government, which will eventually become my liability if my MAGI goes up when filing the tax return.

I bet if you quit paying them, they would toss you out eventually............

FWIW DW has a Humana medicare advantage program with them, she's not received a 2014 card. I did verify she had coverage.

If they say you have a policy, you probably do. I'd make a point to escalate, internal with Humana, your state Insurance Commission, and(as suggested by another member) go post on Facebook or Twitter. Many companies are starting to watch their social media profile, they don't want the free negative advertising. You can use that to your advantage.
Best wishes,
MRG

I am just unhappy with Humana's customer service attitude! You call them, based on your SSN, they routed your call to the hour long waiting line that they created intentionally for you, and someone picked up the phone, told you that you reached the wrong dept., and he/she needed to transfer you, then hour-long wait again, someone picked up the phone and transferred you again, ....

All those people are actually working in the same dept., they use this method to eventually fend you off!!! And you really do NOT need to wait to speak to a CSR if you enter your SSN as 111-11-1111 or 222-22-2222.

Luckily I am a healthy guy, have not seen a doc for the past 5 years, and probably not going to see one in the next 5 years, so not having a membership ID card yet does not really affect me, but I am just pissed by the Humana!!! And this of course could be a huge problem for someone who really needs to see a doctor soon!

FWIW DW has a Humana medicare advantage program with them, she's not received a 2014 card. I did verify she had coverage.

If they say you have a policy, you probably do. I'd make a point to escalate, internal with Humana, your state Insurance Commission, and(as suggested by another member) go post on Facebook or Twitter. Many companies are starting to watch their social media profile, they don't want the free negative advertising. You can use that to your advantage.
Best wishes,
MRG

What did the state's attorney general or insurance commissioner say when you relayed this to them?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom