Investor Psychology Book

BigBangWeary

Recycles dryer sheets
Can anyone recommend a good investor psychology/behavioral economics book? Something aimed at the individual investor that does not require an economics degree to understand. I need something to help save me from myself :blush:

Thanks!

I adored the book Quantitative Value but it might be a bit technical and isn't so much about controlling yourself as implementing a strategy and learning to stick to it.

Also enjoyed Daniel Kahnemann's Thinking Fast and Slow

I see a few others along that line that got good reviews: The Little Book of Behavioral Investing: How Not to be Your Own Worst Enemy (James Montier) - I like the Little Books series for less technical writing or an introduction to an investing area.
Behavioral Investing: A Practitioners Guide to Applying Behavioral Investing (James Montier)
The Emotionally Intelligent Investor: How self awareness, empathy and intuition drive performance

All good suggestions. I found the Gilovich and Belsky book the easiest and quickest and most useful to read first.

Odd timing that this subject should come up. I'm in the middle of Thinking Fast and Slow, just finished Your Money & Your Brain and Why Smart People Make Big Money Mistakes.

Predictably Irrational is on the shelf and next in line.

I've often wondered why otherwise apparently intelligent people do so many weird things.

I recently finished 'Why Smart People Make Big Money Mistakes And How To Correct Them' and recommended it to two of my friends who were looking for something similar.

I need to get to some of these other suggestions, but am currently on a tangent with Ferriss' 4 Hour Work Week ... :blush:

The Four Pillars of Investing is an older book but one that I still think is fundamental and so important to read (even though Bernstein has written newer books). It is long and a little tedious but despite that I read it twice. I think it really helps the reader to attain a psychological attitude that is extremely helpful when investing.

Back
Top Bottom