Spring training baseball???

VaCollector

Full time employment: Posting here.
The thread about attending a round at The Masters got me to thinking about the possibility of going to see a
spring training baseball game. :cool:

I live in Virginia and would think that seeing a game or two (or more) in FL might have the best possibilities….
but I'd LOVE to know what others might have to share.

Anyone here attend any FL games?? Suggestions of best FL fields? [-]Inexpensive[/-] cheap places to stay nearby?
Is it easy to walk up and get tickets?

I've been a NYY fan all of my life and while I would love to see the Yankees play, I understand that with these games
there is no guarantee that you will see the starting lineup…and I'm not really sure which other teams practice in FL…

Please chime in with anything you think I should know before getting in the Prius and heading south!! :angel:

Last edited:
Most of the teams are have a stadium on the west coast of Florida so it would be possible to see several teams . The real popular games do sell out so you may need to order your tickets in advance. The rest you can walk up and get tickets . As for cheap places to stay as long as you avoid the beach areas you should be okay .Here is a list of all the teams and where they play .
Florida Spring Training Locations

Sunscreen. I didn't use mine, figured how strong could the March sun possibly be? I learned.

A tangent, but a former cow*rker was at a spring training game 2 years ago. He and a few Megacorp folks.

He decided at that game, ER in June. He's quite happy. Fast forward to this year another from the group ERed just in time for their annual trip.

Spring training can be hazardous to continued empl*ym*nt.
MRG

The thread about attending a round at The Masters got me to thinking about the possibility of going to see a
spring training baseball game. :cool:

I live in Virginia and would think that seeing a game or two (or more) in FL might have the best possibilities….
but I'd LOVE to know what others might have to share.

Anyone here attend any FL games?? Suggestions of best FL fields? [-]Inexpensive[/-] cheap places to stay nearby?
Is it easy to walk up and get tickets?

I've been a NYY fan all of my life and while I would love to see the Yankees play, I understand that with these games
there is no guarantee that you will see the starting lineup…and I'm not really sure which other teams practice in FL…

Please chime in with anything you think I should know before getting in the Prius and heading south!! :angel:

I live in Jacksonville FL and attend NY Mets spring training games in Port St Lucie FL on the east coast of Florida. Some years it is hot as h^ll and others (like last year) the games we attended were in the 40's. You just never know. If you pick weekend games, they are usually packed, and in some cases sold out. Weekday games are always empty and if you purchase a grand stand seat ticket for $6 you could almost always move to better seats with no problem. (ss) split squads games are exactly that.....the team is playing in two separate locations on that day. Even games that are not (ss) doesn't guarantee you that you will see the "big names' on the field.

A couple years ago we attended a Mets/Nationals spring training game in Vero Beach Florida and both teams had their starting lineups on the field. We were 3 rows up right behind home plate. Best spring game I have ever attended. :)

Mike

Can't help OP with Florida spring training tips. I have gone to Az for White Sox spring training for the last 10 years. Lots of fun. I usually get a lawn seat when I'm by myself. Almost always go to weekday games to avoid crowds. I agree on the sunscreen.

Back
Top Bottom