Where do you **** from?

imoldernu

Gone but not forgotten
Cabin fever... Sunny outside... 20 degrees Fahrenheit. Can't bike, canoe, or even go to camp. Brings out the oddball thoughts. Dozens, maybe hundreds here right now, reading and doing their thing.

So fill in the blank.
blog - type - post
Whatever you call what we do here...

Where are you... not your map location, but like physically...
In your home?, at w*rk? Car? Mall? Other?
And more particularly...
Bedroom, Den, Office, Livingroom, Basement, Cubicle
And... doing your thing on a:
Desktop Computer, Laptop, Tablet, Phone, Other
That is:
Wired, Wireless/router, WiFi, Smartphone connection
Sitting on a:
computer chair, kitchen chair,sofa, bed, recliner
And at/on:
Your Lap, Desk, Table, End Table

Don't answer this... :facepalm: How many hours a day? :blush:

Yeah... not necessary to tell your private info here, but don'tcha sometimes wonder what the other guys/gals are doing?

To answer my questions...
I call it posting... but sometimes wonder if it could be called blogging?
Post from home, but when at camp... no internet except at the Activity center.
Computers in the bedroom, den and living room. DW uses the laptop in the den. I split my time between the desktops in the bedroom and living room. Never use the tablets for posting. Wired and wireless... w/router.
Both places... multitasking w/ TV on all the time.
Livingroom... desktop w/ monitor on an end table... big leather recliner... stretched out. Bedroom - stretch out computer chair.

The weather has to change... some day. :(

How do we know we're even real? Maybe this is all a dream.

How do we know we're even real? Maybe this is all a dream.
Yes, maybe it is! :ROFLMAO: But just in case it isn't, here are my somewhat useless answers:

I post on a laptop, iPad, or iPhone most of the time.

Usually I post either from my home, on the road, in a restaurant, or in a parking lot. Depends on where I am! I have had a wireless network at home for many years, and when not at home Verizon takes care of my connectivity.

I know, I know, this isn't much help.... :facepalm:

My favorite way to post is on a laptop balanced on my knees as I sit in my armchair in my den, with my feet up on a big ottoman. I probably post that way almost half the time.

Right now: basement home office, sitting on a ball in front of a desk with two 22 inch HD monitors on a wired XP desktop. The hours per day is why I sit on a ball....I can only take so much and then I need to get up.

I also post from a love seat in the bedroom on my Android Thrive tablet. That's where I read my books, typically, and the tablet sometimes calls me. If the post is short and contains a bunch of typos, it's probably on the dang tablet with the touch screen keyboard.

Laptop (wireless) at home in my favorite recliner, watching Netflix movies and making sure the stock markets aren't going crazy enough to allow me to raise cash or rebalance on triggers.

On a pillow on a desk chair at a desk with a desktop computer (wired) in our extra bedroom on the first floor. The pillow is to help with a hip issue, I'm experimenting with if it helps. I also have an iPad so sometimes I browse and post on the forum from the kitchen, LaZBoy couch in the living room or my favorite place is on the deck under the awning on a hot, sunny day.

This week is "spring break" for our schools and I'm a School Crossing Guard so this my week off. Unfortunately, it was 24 degrees when I got up and it's now just above 30 degrees and we have a snowstorm coming. I didn't notice until I saw salt trucks out last night! So it's not feeling like spring break at all.

Most of the time, on a laptop connected to a large monitor and external keyboard, while standing (no chair near the computer). This is in the basement, which is "my territory" in the house. All my hobby stuff is down here, along with both beer refrigerators.

I always post with my trustworthy laptop, which is also the tool to surf the Web exclusively. The 4 desktops (just for my use as DW has her own) are not used much anymore, except when editing video or doing taxes as they have big monitors. And I find myself not wanting to sit at the desks much anymore since I stopped working. So, I often connect to them from my laptop using remote desktop connection when I need to turn them on for something.

When up at my "mountain" home, having no Internet connection means I have to be well equipped with books, MP3 library, and DVD videos for entertainment. I do have satellite TV up there, but I watch TV so little nowadays.

And speaking of the weather, I will have to turn on the A/C soon (85F today) if I stay here in the main home. However, in a couple of days, I will be heading to my high-country retreat where the high is in the high 50s and low in the 30s. Then, soon the RV traveling season will start. Y'all may not see me much anymore.

Life is great, particularly in retirement!

Last edited:
Right now from my iPhone on my home wireless network sitting in my favorite chair in our family room with my cat in my lap craving affection. Listening to Stevie Nicks on Pandora. I also use an iPad and an MacBook Pro laptop.

At the moment, sitting in a conference room with my laptop, waiting for a client to arrive. Something fun to do when I don't have enough time to start into a new project. Normally, sitting at home in the sun (when there's one shining) in the living room with my laptop .

I only do internet stuff from home...from my laptop in the den while sitting in a recliner chair while simultaneously half-listening to something on the TV. I have a Verizon smartphone with 4g network, and I occasionally will check my gmail in the office. If something of import popped up, I would probably make a phone call to address the email.

I have a wireless router and high speed internet for home use.

Last edited:
At home in garage, on laptop, on workbench, wireless router, sitting on pneumatic stool.
Our garage isn't like most people's garages. It's clean, heated and there's storage space for everything. It's a wood shop, metal working shop, old car storage. We were even on a "garage" tour. Kind of like a house tour but for car nuts.

Desktop at work during the day, laptop on my recliner-sofa evenings & weekends.

In my studio apartment I have setup what I describe as my "command center" which includes my desktop PC and a small table I can do some paperwork from or put some snacks on to eat (or eat breakfast). My phone is next to the PC and I can also watch TV at the same time. If I rotate my Breuer chair on the shaggy rug, I have a larger table I can do work on. I am a few feet from my kitchen so I can monitor food cooking on the stove.

I created this setup when I began telecommuting for a short time back in 2001, and it has served me well even after I stopped telecommuting (the company ended it, not me).

Sometimes, I post on here from my ladyfriend's place using her laptop.

Usually from my Lenovo laptop via our home wi-fi. Usually kitchen table or a small round table by the window overlooking the lake. Sometimes from the couch.

When traveling usually on my Kindle Fire HD using the mobile app. But I prefer the laptop because it is easier to type on.

Back
Top Bottom