Anyone Familiar with Madrona ETF's?

Dog

Full time employment: Posting here.
I am looking to retire in the next 3 months and am getting a bit nervous about it. Currently we are managing our own portfolio (mostly Vanguard and FERS). I met with a CPA/PFS this week to vet our plan and for guidance on a 72t. Was assured we are well situated, however he did provide me with some information on funds he started back in 2011 for consideration.

Anybody familar with:

Madrona Domestic ETF (FWDD)
Madrona International ETF (FWDI)
Madrona Global Bond ETF

The funds are designed to be superior to index funds based on their design. And the performance of the stock funds seem to have done well.

Of course I'm skeptical. Anyone heard of familiar with these funds?

I want to avoid the FUD factor.

Last edited:
... funds he started back in 2011...

The funds are designed to be superior to index funds based on their design.

...Of course I'm skeptical.
As well you should be.

So your CPA started these funds in 2011 and they've performed well? What funds haven't performed well over the past three years?

You really think there is a ghost of a chance your CPA is better at creating and managing funds than powerhouses like Vanguard and Fidelity? What are the odds...

Run. Seriously.

I was very clear that I wasn't looking for financial management, but was looking for a fee only CPA with retirement planning background/understanding to vet our plan and assist in setting up a 72t. I guess I'll keep looking.

FWDD - 1.61 ER capped at 1.25% now
FWDI - 1.65 ER capped at 1.25% now

Is this what you wanted?
MRG

Thanks REWahoo, MRG and CyberBob. He provided me the prospectus on the funds and details on how the funds would have performed over the past 10 years (in all cases beat the S&P. I think I'll stay with Vanguard and work with a CPA to set up the 72t since Vanguard can't assist with that.
Thanks again for your feedback!

Back
Top Bottom