What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom52

Full time employment: Posting here.
My pet peeve of the day....

Every time I list a decent guitar for sale on Craigslist, I get inquires such as, "....will you consider trading for my.........(usually some other guitar, amp, drum set, you name it). I don't understand why, when it comes to this musical instrument stuff, people automatically seem to think you will want to barter for their unwanted gear.:confused: I have probably sold 50 items on Craigslist over the past months. All kinds of stuff from tools to tableware to a gallon of anti-freeze. Some of the items have been fairly expensive. Never has anyone asked if I would consider a trade except when I list a guitar.

Lately, I always put in the ad "NO TRADES CONSIDERED". So guess what, I still get emails asking if I will take trades. :(

People who don't live up to their commitments. Co-workers who do half-assed jobs and then whine about having to fix what they broke. And: Companies that twiddle their thumbs producing flashy marketing events when their product is a few years away from obsolescence and they've made practically no substantive efforts toward developing a replacement product.

My pet peeve are people who use handicapped parking spots that don't need them. Took my nephew out to breakfast, but the handicapped spots were full. We ended up parking in an end parking spot further away that allowed us to get his wheelchair next to his seat so he could get out. When we went by the cars parked in the handicapped spots, two of them didn't have handicapped permits or plates. Where's a cop when you need one!

Not having a pet peeve every day.

No, wait, that is a good thing. Good to be retired and ignoring the world for the most part.

As generic, flashing eletronic billboards really suck.

My pet peeve are people who use handicapped parking spots that don't need them. Took my nephew out to breakfast, but the handicapped spots were full. We ended up parking in an end parking spot further away that allowed us to get his wheelchair next to his seat so he could get out. When we went by the cars parked in the handicapped spots, two of them didn't have handicapped permits or plates. Where's a cop when you need one!

I hear you on this one. I know how difficult it was for both my Mom and Dad when they could barely walk fifty steps. I always park out at the end of the parking lot so that if all the handicap spots are taken, at least someone in need can get a little closer to the front of the store. I know that doesn't help in cases where wheelchair access is required.

People who don't live up to their commitments. Co-workers who do half-assed jobs and then whine about having to fix what they broke. And: Companies that twiddle their thumbs producing flashy marketing events when their product is a few years away from obsolescence and they've made practically no substantive efforts toward developing a replacement product.

That is why I am so happy that I was able to RE to get away from corporate BS. Hopefully, you will be joining us in ER soon so you can get away from that type of work environment.

How about the local clinic that touts the acquisition of a blood analysis machine that gives results within two hours and then taking a week to call the patient with results.

My pet peeve is my neighbor who uses her leafblower to blow the leafs in the street and does not pick them up.

As soon as it's warm enough to open our windows someone nearby starts up the leafblower. It's the noise that bothers me.

I hate listing on Craigslist for that and other reasons. I tend to price my stuff low when I do it so that I get more interest, and I get REALLY annoyed when people try to low-ball me. The 'it never hurts to ask' saying is NOT true because I always ignore those people and would prefer to take to Goodwill or set out by the curb than sell to someone trying to low-ball me.

My pet peeve lately, though, is people who don't know how to pluralize their OWN NAME! Like people who write, The Jones' instead of The Joneses. I mean, it's your NAME and you should know how to do that! My cousin's wife recently did this on Facebook with my maiden name "Lorenz" ... she said The Lorenz's .... argh! :mad: LOL!

+1.

This has been my number one pet peeve. Some people are so inconsiderate.

I hear you on this one. I know how difficult it was for both my Mom and Dad when they could barely walk fifty steps. I always park out at the end of the parking lot so that if all the handicap spots are taken, at least someone in need can get a little closer to the front of the store. I know that doesn't help in cases where wheelchair access is required.

Great! Thanks for doing that. I, too, don't mind parking away from the stores.

My pet peeve ---> DW will insist on finding the closest parking spot to where we are going. If I missed a closer spot only 40 yards down, she will remind me why I parked too far. Ditto on golf courses. We started golf (walking the course) for exercise. When we ride cart, she hardly gets out of it to walk to her ball. I have to remind her that we are playing golf to get some exercise.

My pet peeve 2 for the day ---> people talking really loud on their cell/smart phone in public places (subway, lunch room, ...).

My pet peeve 3 for the day, and that's the last for the day ---> people texting while driving. They put all of us in danger.

Last edited:
Today? Dog hair.

No matter how much I brush em, the dogs have an endless supply of spare hairs. We've had long talks about how they need to be more considerate and only shed outside but I have not seen any improvement.

People who don't answer their phone, especially when I know it is glued to their hand. This really irritates me when it's my daughter or other family member.

Today? Dog hair.

No matter how much I brush em, the dogs have an endless supply of spare hairs. We've had long talks about how they need to be more considerate and only shed outside but I have not seen any improvement.

Janet, I have a rough collie so I totally hear you! I can't imagine having more than one of them - one is almost a full-time job! :)

My neighbor, rude and ignorant.
Number 1 on a long list, the dog. Barks nonstop starting at 5:00 A.M. Never seen anyone pay attention to it. No human touch, no play, nothing. Not sure what they do with it in winter months, seems to exist on the porch.

It's not the dog's fault, the owner ignores it. Sad when the pet's smarter than the owner. Animal control has been involved a few times, they say they can't help.
MRG

My pet peeve is that I am craving cookies today and I am dieting. . .

Loose dogs at the park. They poop everywhere and their owners pretend not to see lest they have to pick it up. The dogs harass me and my leashed dog, plus chase wildlife, including ground nesting birds. Owners always have an excuse, which boils down to leash laws being written for other people's dogs, not their darling well behaved pooches.

Last edited:
Loose dogs at the park. They poop everywhere and their owners pretend not to see lest they have to pick it up. The dogs harass me and my leashed dog, plus chase wildlife, including ground nesting birds. Owners always have an excuse, which boils down to leash paws being written for other people's dogs, not their darling well behaved pooches.

Feed those loose dogs some chocolate as they pass by....;)

Comcast

and about cellphone talkers...
I have a new solution that I never would have tried in my early years...
When I'm in a store, and find one of those loud talkers, (usually blocking the aisle), I move up close, put my fist up to the side of my face, and begin... VERY LOUD!!!

"Hey, Maude! Did you put the dog out? Last time you left him in the house, he peed on the kitchen floor and I had to clean it up."
"What?" "Don't you dare talk to me like that or I'll send you back to your mother!"

With a straight face, I put my hand back in my pocket, and walk on...

Feed those loose dogs some chocolate as they pass by....;)
I like dogs, it is the owners that need a knuckle sandwich, including those idiots with a 25 foot reel out leash..

Last edited:
Loose dogs at the park. They poop everywhere and their owners pretend not to see lest they have to pick it up. The dogs harass me and my leashed dog, plus chase wildlife, including ground nesting birds. Owners always have an excuse, which boils down to leash laws being written for other people's dogs, not their darling well behaved pooches.

+1 on loose dogs. Anywhere. The other day, I was in the elevator. The door opened and an unleashed dog barged in, putting his dirty front paws all over my clothes. The owner looked at me as if it was my fault and didn't even apologize. So I guess my real pet peeve is inconsiderate dog owners.

It's not the dogs, it's the idiots and morons they are stuck with. Even worse, we can walk away, the dogs don't get to choose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom