Summer's here, and it feels good

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I was out walking around on Broadway (Seattle) this afternoon. It got to 91 degrees F, and nice and dry. No sweating even after climbing some pretty good hills. I walked past an Indian incense place that hasn't been here for my whole time here, but at least 30 years or so. And incense has always been here, and you can smell it a long way off on these hot summer days.

Man, does incense bring back the memories. My first summer here was 1967, there were incense and ice cream cones and the young women wore wonderfully short skirts. All these things are the same now. That's only a little short of 50 years, and although I am nobody's guru or life coach, if the reaper grabbed my up and took me away, I have zero complaints about my trip so far. Number one goal has always been to have and give fun, and life has cooperated.

I hope all of you enjoy a lovely summer, and that it helps you to be very happy.

Ha

I felt the same way about summer on my run this morning. The weather was perfect and I was happy to see kids out riding their bikes, skateboards, scooters and some on foot. And was even happier to hear the polite "good mornings" and "on your left" as they zoomed by.

Enjoy your summer Ha.

Here in Phoenix AZ we have commenced 3 months of pain. Then back to the long spring again in October.

Here in Phoenix AZ we have commenced 3 months of pain. Then back to the long spring again in October.

Same here in Southern Mexico.

Three months of heat induced pain sure beats six months of cold induced pain though.

Nowadays bouts of intense happiness are a regular occurrence for me. Sort of like the sudden surges our little Corgi dog used to have where he raced around at top speed -- called FRAP'ing, Frequent Acts of Play.

Wishing Ha and everyone here the same happiness surges. :greetings10:

In San Francisco, we'll have to wait a couple more months for summer weather.

Western PA here.....last night we had torrential rains (again!) and this morning when I went out to check my vegetable garden at about 530am, it was SO NICE....damp air, cool, mist in the air and woods, and it smelled out of this world....and everything is SO GREEN!!!!

I just stood there and inhaled deeply and thought how damn LUCKY I am to be retired on such a fine morning.....

I have so many birds this year!!! Don't know if this past brutal cold winter had something to do with it, but is just seems that ALL the birds have a lot of little ones...and there's plenty to eat, so they are doing well. My current favorites are a Kildeer mom with 4 little ones, and for the first time, a blue bird with three little ones....

just six months ago, January 6/7, the first "polar express" arrived here and remember how brutal COLD that was? It seemed like it would never end.

I LOVE summer!!!! And I love the two weeks around June 21 the most...longest days of the year!!!!

Too much of a good thing here in the SW. Temperature of 110F, and it usually gets close to 120F or even exceeds that before fall arrives. I am so happy to escape up to my retreat at 7,000 ft basking in the cool high-country breeze.

Speaking of the music in the OP, I had not known of this song, but found that it was recognized by the Library of Congress as a national treasure.

For me, the good old reliable summer music still includes "Summertime" in a duet by Armstrong and Fitzerald. I'm going to play that on my stereo now.

Summertime
And the livin' is easy
Fish are jumpin'
And the cotton is high...

Summer feels much better than winter but still not always good. Finally broke down and bought a dehumidifier. The heat is not bad but the humidity is.

I love summer. And especially after last winter I will not ever again complain about how hot it is.

Back
Top Bottom