"Free Movies Box"

imoldernu

Gone but not forgotten
Free download.... purports to offer free movies, a thousand titles.

I have downloaded to my PC, and tablet. Listing of movies is substantial, and I have played several of them on both PC and Tablet. Some of those I tried either didn't download or took longer than I was willing to wait in order to load.
Not enough experience yet to give a "rating"...
The first one I tried was listed under action and adventure... Movie named "Blitz". That worked fine and I watched all the way through... no commercials.

After downloading, one screen came up for "try Hulu Free"... but I clicked off and it didn't come back.

If anyone else has tried this, would be good to hear opinions.

Actual name of the program is "Free Movies Box"... many download sites.

Totally unrelated... news that movie theater attendance is down 20% so far this year...

Hope your virus protection and spamware is up to date.

Hope your virus protection and spamware is up to date.

Would appreciate any info you have re this... :flowers:

I had been playing with another similar site... Pegleg... but the references didn't work as well as Free Movies Box. Yes a "sort" by genre of UTube movies, but with a cleaner, faster recovery. As movies are added or deleted, site members apparently adjust the listing. There are many older documentaries of historical interest. Some Pathe News clips that I recall watching in the movie theaters during WWII.
The "not available in your country" comes up on what I assume are pirated movies that have been posted on UTube.
The interface is direct, and doesn't show the UTube site.

I haven't seen anything that suggests the website is illegal.

Last edited:
I thought it was probably some kind of file sharing/download site. When those were popular with music they often infected computers. I've also heard of some issues with the free sites for watching sports. Now I see that Wahoo posted that it's just an interface into YouTube so there's probably no worry.

I had been playing with another similar site... Pegleg... but the references didn't work as well as Free Movies Box. Yes a "sort" by genre of UTube movies, but with a cleaner, faster recovery. As movies are added or deleted, site members apparently adjust the listing. ....

I haven't seen anything that suggests the website is illegal.

The info REWahoo posted about the 'Movie Box' site specifically mentioned 'public domain' movies. Does that apply to 'Pegleg'?

I think I've seen some apps/sites that try to play a cat/mouse game of putting up copyrighted stuff, and people watch until it gets taken down, and then it gets put up again. I wouldn't assume it's legal w/o some back up.

-ERD50

Free? If it's too good to be true... :blush:

Back
Top Bottom