Hi all from Monument, CO!!

mtnmanus

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi folks!
Previously from Memphis, I have lived in Monument, Colorado for the past 14+ years - so this is now home!
I just turned 55 and recently (May) retired from an IT Program Management career! Our company offered a buyout of employees and I have been there over 25 years - so I jumped at the chance.
At the moment I am not going to back to work, at least not full time and not until after December! :D Which I am pretty thrilled about!

I am spending time with my hobbies, gardening and doing fused kiln glass art sculptures and our Bulldog, Aspen, which suits me fine for now.

I was surfing to find some information on Social Security Leveling pension option and stumbled on this site/forum. Thought I would sign up and see what new information I can learn.
Although I have already retired (early by most standards) from my long time career --- there could be a second chapter coming!

So...see you on the chat forum!
mtnmanus
:whistle:

Well done, I wish my company would buy me out! Also 55, also IT, also ready to retire. Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the welcome jcretire77!
It definitely was a welcome surprise. I took the last wave (they did 3 waves so everyone wouldn't leave at once) and kept the end objective in mind. They heaped tons of stuff on those leaving (of course ) but I knew it would end soon so that helped. My husband still works there but is hoping for another wave.
As you are aware most companies are outsourcing a lot of IT work since they don't have to pay compensation on contract resources. Saves them $ but is a headache managing offshore resources. That is what I did for the last 2 years there until my wave came.
Then I hopped that wave and was outta there!

Welcome mtnmanus! Not yet retired and living vicariously thru you. Please tell us more about yourself.

Another welcome, from down the hill in Colorado Springs. Monument is a lovely place to be. Enjoy!

Coach

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom