I Sold My lAST SHARE OF STOCK TODAY

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
I have been a mutual fund investor for 40+ years. I have been a Vanguard only MF investor for about 10 years.

Today I finally unloaded my final 200 shares of MFC. My cost of selling these shares @ 20.26 was $39 (trading fees) and $35 (banking/wire Fees). The proceeds will eventually go into the Vanguard TSM that has an ER of 0.05%.

This is the cost of simplicity I guess.

I have been a mutual fund investor for 40+ years. I have been a Vanguard only MF investor for about 10 years.

Today I finally unloaded my final 200 shares of MFC. My cost of selling these shares @ 20.26 was $39 (trading fees) and $35 (banking/wire Fees). The proceeds will eventually go into the Vanguard TSM that has an ER of 0.05%.

This is the cost of simplicity I guess.

Simple is good. So your entire equity position is in the Vanguard fund? Is it VTI? Care to share your age and what else (such as bond funds) you might be holding? I'm always interested in hearing about the mix of investments people are holding at different ages. Myself (at age 45) I have a mix of index funds, a bond fund (PONDX), and around 25 stocks that I choose based upon a momentum algorithm that I developed.

Cool is there any particular reason for getting out of individual stocks? I currently hold about 25 stocks of great American companies. They help me to sleep at night knowing exactly what I own rather than a mixed bag.

Back
Top Bottom