Burned a bridge

That is funny! The gal, that didn't quit, must be a read only model.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

The reaction of the second announcer was almost as funny as the first.

+1 I actually thought the second announcer's reaction was funnier than the crude woman who quit.

Glad to see she took the high road.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

+1 I actually thought the second announcer's reaction was funnier than the crude woman who quit.

The second announcer did apologize and wanted to cut to commercial but had to keep reading.

The one who quilt should know not to express what she really felt on the air. That's what hanging out with friends are for :LOL:

Regardless of the validity or not of her opinions, this was a really low class and stupid move on her part. Might buy her some short term cred with some anti-establishment types, but doubt it will do her much good in the long run.

Regardless of the validity or not of her opinions, this was a really low class and stupid move on her part. Might buy her some short term cred with some anti-establishment types, but doubt it will do her much good in the long run.
+1

That's what I thought when first seeing this clip too. It shows a certain lack of control on her part.

+1

That's what I thought when first seeing this clip too. It shows a certain lack of control on her part.

I'm looking at it from the other perspective - it was sheer genius on her part, in a certain way.

I'm at w*rk, and haven't heard the audio in the clip, but do you realize how many hits and how much invaluable publicity she is getting in just 1 day for her and her company? The "Alaska Cannibais Club' or whatever it's called was unheard of before now. In just 1 week, it will be another internet meme! Millions of people will have heard of it. She and her company/club will likely have exposure that would have cost tens of millions of dollars to buy air time to advertise and market to replicate.

This is the Cannabis world's version of Kim Kardashian's sex tape "leak" (i.e. likely intentional release to try and get attention).

Perhaps, MooreBonds, but to clarify my perspective a little more, it doesn't matter to me how "successful" or famous Kim Kardashian becomes, she will only ever be at the periphery of my radar. Obviously, that wouldn't bother her one bit, if she knew :LOL:

I still feel the same way about this Cannabis Club lady.

Totally different from the poor guy who's first words on the air were the f and s words.

This was calculated. The bridge wasn't burned. It was vaporized, sent into the 4th dimension.

Imagine that. A pothead quitting a job, and using foul language. It's another dog bites man story.

I'm looking at it from the other perspective - it was sheer genius on her part, in a certain way.

I'm at w*rk, and haven't heard the audio in the clip, but do you realize how many hits and how much invaluable publicity she is getting in just 1 day for her and her company? The "Alaska Cannibais Club' or whatever it's called was unheard of before now. In just 1 week, it will be another internet meme! Millions of people will have heard of it. She and her company/club will likely have exposure that would have cost tens of millions of dollars to buy air time to advertise and market to replicate.

This is the Cannabis world's version of Kim Kardashian's sex tape "leak" (i.e. likely intentional release to try and get attention).

You are right, it was brilliant PR on her part. Especially because most of the heavy dope users I know are pretty anti-establishment types. So the viral take this job and shove will have a lot of appeal.

That said I agree it was a classless move on her part, and I hope it cost her Karma in her next life.

The way I understand she owns the 'Alaska Cannabis Club'. They, in my understanding, connect legal marijuina card holders with legal marijuina card holders that possess cannibis. That business probably has all the business it needs. Maybe she has bigger plans.

Her other cause was to legalize possession of small quantities of cannibis. She (IMHO) hurt that cause. Sure the folks that want it will vote yes(if they get off the couch), but the people on the fence will be turned off by her inappropriate behavior.

I bet that station has future drills on how to recover from an 'oh cr*p' moment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Doubt she will get a lot of mileage out of the expletive not deleted. Pot had been decriminalized in Alaska since the early 70ies. Most who partake in the various brands of burning rope have grown their own for a very long time.

In the mid seventies I took a grad student with me to do field work. Teach him the "ropes". After getting off the NY flight and going to the next to go further west to the Aleutians. While checking in he dropped his eyeglass case. An Alaska state trooper was also geting on the flight, in uniform, he picked up the now open eyeglass case and the two joints which fell out. Our intrepid grad student was turning all shades of grey figuring he was going to jail. The trooper smiled and said, just don't try to sell any. You can give them away.

Back
Top Bottom