FL Retirement Communities on the water?

grizzlyff

Dryer sheet wannabe
Starting to look at possible retirement communities in FL, and wondered if anyone has suggestions? Looking for less than 400K places if possible, but my number one requirement is someplace which offers boat dock access for residents on Salt Water, preferably on the Gulf side of Florida (diehard saltwater fishing person here). I have a friend who retired at Villages, and is quite happy, so looking for something similar, except I could care less about Golf, and have to have the saltwater access. Anyone who has any positive/negative on any communities?

My wife and I have spent one or two months each winter renting a condo in Burnt Store Marina. This is an upscale boating and golfing community located on Charlotte Harbor, midway between Punta Gorda and Cape Coral. You are literally minutes from some of the best inshore fishing on the Gulf Coast. Boca Grande pass is about 7 miles west for offshore fishing. We enjoy the community as do most of the residents and renters there. The main negative is that it is somewhat remote. It is about 20 minute drive to any retail, either north to Punta Gorda, or south to Cape Coral. Punta Gorda is a very nice community with a very high number of retirees.
I can answer additional questions you might have.

My wife and I have spent one or two months each winter renting a condo in Burnt Store Marina. This is an upscale boating and golfing community located on Charlotte Harbor, midway between Punta Gorda and Cape Coral. You are literally minutes from some of the best inshore fishing on the Gulf Coast. Boca Grande pass is about 7 miles west for offshore fishing. We enjoy the community as do most of the residents and renters there. The main negative is that it is somewhat remote. It is about 20 minute drive to any retail, either north to Punta Gorda, or south to Cape Coral. Punta Gorda is a very nice community with a very high number of retirees.
I can answer additional questions you might have.
Thanks. That general area is one I intend to check out. I have stayed on Sanibel and Captiva on vacations, and the Punta Gorda - Cape Coral - Port Charlotte area is one I intend to investigate more fully. Since I Fly Fish primarily more interested in Inshore areas.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom